After graduating from high school, Vöth studied law and political science in Würzburg from 1949 . In 1958 he was elected for the first time for the CSU in the Bavarian state parliament in the district of Würzburg-Stadt , of which he was a member until 1972. From 1964 to 1970 Vöth was chairman of the cultural policy committee of the state parliament, between 1966 and 1970 deputy chairman of the CSU parliamentary group. In 1970 he became State Secretary in the State Ministry for Labor and Social Affairs.
At the same time, Vöth was elected to the Bavarian Broadcasting Council in 1960, and he was chairman of it from 1966. In 1972 he became director of the BR and stayed at the head of the station until 1990. In this function he was ARD chairman between 1980 and 1983 .
Vöth was a member of the Catholic student union K.St.V. Normannia Wuerzburg.
- 1968: Bavarian Order of Merit
- 1973: Cross of Merit on Ribbon of the Federal Republic of Germany
- 1982: Cross of Merit 1st Class of the Federal Republic of Germany
- 1987: Great Cross of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany
- 1990: Grand Cross of Merit with Star of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Bavarian Constitutional Medal
- Chronicle of the directors of the BR
- Reinhold Vöth in the Munzinger archive ( beginning of article freely accessible)
- Reinhold Vöth in the parliamentary database at the House of Bavarian History
- Announcement of awards of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany. In: Federal Gazette . Vol. 25, No. 43, March 9, 1973.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German lawyer and politician (CSU), MdL|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 23, 1930|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Wurzburg|
|DATE OF DEATH||March 30, 1997|
|Place of death||Munich|