Silvio Micali (born October 13, 1954 in Palermo ) is an Italian-born American computer scientist .
Micali studied at the University of Rome (Diplom (Laurea) 1978 with Corrado Böhm ) and received his doctorate in 1983 at the University of California, Berkeley with Manuel Blum (randomness versus hardness). In 1982/83 he was a post-doc at the University of Toronto . Since 1983 he has been Professor at the Laboratory for Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (first from 1983 as Assistant Professor, from 1986 Associate Professor, from 1991 Professor).
Micali is known for his involvement in the development of interactive evidence systems and zero-knowledge evidence (with Oded Goldreich , Shafi Goldwasser , Charles Rackoff ) and other work in cryptography (secure protocols, digital signatures, pseudo-random numbers ). In 1993 he received the Gödel Prize with others , the BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Award in 2017 and he also received the RSA Prize. Together with Shafrira Goldwasser , Micali is the winner of the Turing Awards 2012.
He is a member of the National Academy of Sciences , the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, and the National Academy of Engineering .
- Oded Goldreich, Silvio Micali, Avi Wigderson : Proofs that yield nothing but their validity (PDF; 3.0 MB) . Journal of the ACM, Vol. 38, 1991, pp. 690-728.
- Shafi Goldwasser, Silvio Micali, Charles Rackoff: The Knowledge Complexity of Interactive Proof Systems (PDF; 6.9 MB) . SIAM Journal on Computing Vol. 18, 1989, pp. 186-208
- Homepage at MIT (English)
- Videos by and about Silvio Micali in the AV portal of the Technical Information Library
- ^ Goldwasser, Micali Receive ACM Turing Award for Advances in Cryptography. (No longer available online.) In: ACM. March 13, 2013, archived from the original on March 16, 2013 ; Retrieved March 13, 2013 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American computer scientist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 13, 1954|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Palermo|