|Community association||Côtes de Champagne and Val de Saulx|
|surface||34.78 km 2|
|Residents||178 (January 1, 2017)|
|Population density||5 inhabitants / km 2|
Vanault-le-Châtel is a French commune with 178 inhabitants (as of January 1, 2017) in the Marne department in the Grand Est region . It belongs to the arrondissement of Vitry-le-François and the canton of Sermaize-les-Bains (until 2016: canton of Heiltz-le-Maurupt ).
- Bussy-le-Repos in the north,
- Saint-Jean-devant-Possesse in the east,
- Vanault-les-Dames in the southeast,
- Val-de-Vière and Bassu in the south,
- Saint-Amand-sur-Fion in the south-west and
- Coupéville and Le Fresne to the northwest.
Vanault-le-Châtel is located in the catchment area of the Vanichon river , which generally runs in an easterly direction and flows into the Vière after around 10 kilometers .
The municipality is located away from national traffic routes and is accessed from the D61 département road.