Zell in the Odenwald
Zell in the Odenwald
City of Bad Koenig
|Height :||183 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||6.53 km²|
|Residents :||1105 (December 31, 2017)|
|Population density :||169 inhabitants / km²|
|Incorporation :||August 1, 1972|
|Postal code :||64732|
|Area code :||06063|
Zell im Odenwald is the largest district of Bad König in the southern Hessian Odenwaldkreis , along with the core city, with around 1100 inhabitants . The place is in the Mümlingtal on the federal highway 45 between Michelstadt and Bad König.
Zell was first mentioned in 1095 as a cella in the Lorsch Codex . The place belonged to the lordship of Breuberg until 1806 , although it was a bit apart from their core area. This is possibly explained by a long-term pledge of an Eppsteiner share to the Erbach taverns . In 1564 it came to the Erbachisches Amt Michelstadt .
On August 1, 1972, the municipality of Zell was incorporated into the municipality (from October 10, 1980 city) Bad König as part of the regional reform in Hesse . As for every part of the city, a local district with a local advisory council and a local mayor was established.
The Gasthaus Zur Krone on Königer Straße is a listed building, as is the Maul paper factory (today: Jakob Maul GmbH), which dates back to a paper mill founded by the Erbach counts in the early 18th century , and the former ban mill .
Zell is connected to regional traffic through its "Bad König-Zell" stop . Bombardier Itinos from Vias stop here on the Odenwaldbahn , which you can take to Darmstadt and the Neckar Valley . In Darmstadt there is also a convenient connection to Frankfurt am Main and the rest of the Rhine-Main area .
- District of Zell on the website of the city of Bad König.
- Zell, Odenwaldkreis. Historical local dictionary for Hessen. In: Landesgeschichtliches Informationssystem Hessen (LAGIS).
- Figures / data / facts. In: website. City of Bad König, archived from the original on December 2, 2018 ; accessed in November 2018 .
- Minst, Karl Josef [transl.]: Lorscher Codex (Volume 1), Certificate 141, October 27, 1095 - Reg. 3628. In: Heidelberger historical stocks - digital. Heidelberg University Library, p. 195 , accessed on June 11, 2018 .
- Elisabeth Kleberger: Territorial history of the rear Odenwald ( Grafschaft Erbach , Herrschaft Breuberg, Herrschaft Fränkisch-Crumbach). Self-published by the Hessian Historical Commission Darmstadt 1958 ( Sources and research on Hessian history 19 ), p. 156.
- Law on the reorganization of the district of Erbach (GVBl. II 330–16) of July 11, 1972 . In: The Hessian Minister of the Interior (ed.): Law and Ordinance Gazette for the State of Hesse . 1972 No. 17 , p. 224 , § 2 ( online at the information system of the Hessian state parliament [PDF; 1,2 MB ]).
- Federal Statistical Office (ed.): Historical municipality directory for the Federal Republic of Germany. Name, border and key number changes in municipalities, counties and administrative districts from May 27, 1970 to December 31, 1982 . W. Kohlhammer GmbH, Stuttgart and Mainz 1983, ISBN 3-17-003263-1 , p. 359 .
- State Office for the Preservation of Monuments Hesse (ed.): Königer Straße 1: Gasthaus 'Zur Krone' In: DenkXweb, online edition of cultural monuments in Hesse