Andreas von Hesse
Andreas Wilhelm Hesse (from 1853: von Hesse ) (* December 10, 1793 in Darmstadt ; † March 21, 1868 there ) was a Hessian judge and politician and member of the 1st and 2nd chambers of the state estates of the Grand Duchy of Hesse .
Andreas Hesse was the son of the royal court chamber secretary Andreas Heinrich Ernst Hesse (1754–1795) and his wife Albertine Margarethe nee Dietz (1769–1826).
On May 10, 1822, his first marriage was Friederike Philippine Auguste nee Schwaner (1802–1842). The couple had several children:
- Albert Karl Ludwig (* July 27, 1824; † June 15, 1889), President of the Higher Regional Court ⚭ 1858 Charlotte Sophie Auguste Anna Siegfrieden (* January 14, 1840)
- Christian Ludwig (born September 3, 1825 - March 1898), lawyer and notary in New York ⚭ Emily MacKaye (born December 26, 1840)
- Ludwig Heinrich (April 19, 1827 - March 23, 1895), Prussian major general
- ⚭ 1851 Mathilde Schulz (* October 5, 1828 - † November 4, 1869)
- ⚭ 1871 Baron Marie Wilhelmine von Senarclens-Grancy (born June 9, 1840 - † July 6, 1908)
- Friedrich August Wilhelm (born October 31, 1832 - † October 30, 1894), Dr. med., Grand Ducal Hessian Medical Councilor, court doctor
- ⚭ 1863 Anna Maria Christiane Eleonore Engelbach (* June 23, 1843; † April 11, 1864)
- ⚭ 1867 Freiin Konstanze Ferdinande Henriette Luise von Normann (born February 27, 1841)
On August 19, 1843, he married Anna Maria nee Langen, the sister of Friedrich Theodor Langen , for the second time .
education and profession
Hesse studied law at the University of Giessen , graduating with a doctorate in law . jur. from and became court attorney at the court in Darmstadt . In 1821 he became assessor at the Darmstadt city court and in 1830 court judge in Darmstadt. In 1836 he became a councilor at the Higher Appeal and Cassation Court where he became director in 1855 and president in 1857 and remained until his death. In 1842 he also became a supplementary judge at the Higher Court of Justice. On June 11, 1853, he was raised to the nobility . In 1854 he received the title of a privy councilor .
From 1835 to 1849 Hesse was elected to the second chamber of the state estates for the constituency Starkenburg 11 / Umstadt . From 1846 to 1849 he was President of the Chamber. In 1848 he was a member of the preliminary parliament . In 1850 he became a member of the Erfurt State House . In 1851 he was appointed a lifelong member of the first Hessian Chamber by the Grand Duke. He represented liberal / conservative positions.
- Hans Georg Ruppel, Birgit Groß: Hessian MPs 1820–1933. Biographical evidence for the estates of the Grand Duchy of Hesse (2nd Chamber) and the Landtag of the People's State of Hesse (= Darmstädter Archivschriften. Vol. 5). Verlag des Historisches Verein für Hessen, Darmstadt 1980, ISBN 3-922316-14-X , p. 134.
- Hesse, Andreas Wilhelm von. Hessian biography. In: Landesgeschichtliches Informationssystem Hessen (LAGIS).
- Gothaisches genealogisches Taschenbuch der Briefadeligen houses, 1909 p.331f , 1911 p.413f
- Gothaisches genealogical pocket book of the baronial houses, 1891, forty-first year, p.850
- Federal Archives: Members of the Pre-Parliament and the Fifties Committee (PDF file; 79 kB)
|SURNAME||Hesse, Andreas von|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Hesse, Andreas Wilhelm von (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German judge and politician, member of the Grand Duchy of Hesse|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 10, 1793|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Darmstadt|
|DATE OF DEATH||March 21, 1868|
|Place of death||Darmstadt|