Carl Johann Hoffmann
Carl Johann Hoffmann (born November 4, 1819 in Darmstadt ; † May 27, 1874 there ) was a lawyer , member of the state parliament and member of the Reichstag .
Karl Hoffmann was the son of the businessman and commercial councilor Ernst Emil Hoffmann and his wife Caroline Friederike Wilhelmine, née Leussner. Hoffmann, who was of Protestant faith, married Mathilde, nee Siegfrieden, on July 1, 1845 in Darmstadt. After the death of his first wife on April 25, 1859, he married Louise Jakobine Julie Emilie nee Weber on September 20, 1860 in Marburg. He was the father of the architect Ludwig Hoffmann .
Hoffmann studied in Gießen and Heidelberg from 1838 . In 1841 he was promoted to Dr. jur. PhD. He became court clerk in Darmstadt and in 1849 court attorney at the court in Darmstadt .
In 1850 and again from 1862 to 1874 he was a member of the Second Chamber of the Estates. He was elected for the constituency Starkenburg 2 / Groß-Gerau (I) or Darmstadt and was President of the II. Chamber of the Hessian State Parliament . From 1871 to 1874 he was a member of the German Reichstag for the National Liberal Party for the constituency of Hessen 4 (Darmstadt - Groß-Gerau ).
- Hermann Kalkoff (Ed.): National Liberal Parliamentarians 1867–1917 of the Reichstag and the individual state parliaments. Contributions to party history. Publication sales office of the National Liberal Party of Germany, Berlin 1917 (with picture).
- Hermann Haupt with Karl Esselborn and Georg Lehnert (eds.): Hessian biographies. 3 volumes. Hessischer Staatsverlag, Darmstadt 1918–1934.
- Hans Georg Ruppel, Birgit Groß: Hessian MPs 1820–1933. Biographical evidence for the estates of the Grand Duchy of Hesse (2nd Chamber) and the Landtag of the People's State of Hesse (= Darmstädter Archivschriften. Vol. 5). Verlag des Historisches Verein für Hessen, Darmstadt 1980, ISBN 3-922316-14-X , pp. 138-139.
- Jochen Lengemann : MdL Hessen. 1808-1996. Biographical index (= political and parliamentary history of the state of Hesse. Vol. 14 = publications of the Historical Commission for Hesse. Vol. 48, 7). Elwert, Marburg 1996, ISBN 3-7708-1071-6 , p. 191.
- Hans Reuther : Hoffmann, Ludwig. In: New German Biography (NDB). Volume 9, Duncker & Humblot, Berlin 1972, ISBN 3-428-00190-7 , p. 397 ( digitized version ). (Secondary entry).
- Historical-Political Yearbook from 1880
- Carl Johann Hoffmann in the database of members of the Reichstag
- Biography of Carl Johann Hoffmann . In: Heinrich Best : database of the members of the Reichstag of the Empire 1867/71 to 1918 (Biorab - Kaiserreich)
- Hoffmann, Karl Johann. Hessian biography. (As of November 4, 2019). In: Landesgeschichtliches Informationssystem Hessen (LAGIS).
- ^ Fritz Specht, Paul Schwabe: The Reichstag elections from 1867 to 1903. Statistics of the Reichstag elections together with the programs of the parties and a list of the elected representatives. 2nd Edition. Carl Heymann Verlag, Berlin 1904, p. 262.
|SURNAME||Hoffmann, Carl Johann|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Hoffmann, Karl Johann|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German lawyer and politician, MdR|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 4, 1819|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Darmstadt|
|DATE OF DEATH||May 27, 1874|
|Place of death||Darmstadt|