Carl Ludwig Theodor Goldmann (born July 2, 1821 in Gießen ; † October 28, 1905 in Darmstadt ) was a Hessian administrative lawyer and politician . He was a member of the first and second chambers of the state estates of the Grand Duchy of Hesse .
Theodor Goldmann was the son of the chief medical officer, privy councilor and member of the state parliament Wilhelm Christian Georg Goldmann (1792–1873) and his wife Wilhelmine, née von Zangen. Goldmann, who was of Protestant faith, married Emilie, born Dietz (1825-1894) in Gießen, on September 25, 1849, the daughter of the border collector Johann Adam Dietz.
Goldmann studied law at the University of Giessen and graduated in 1842 with a doctorate in law. jur. from. In 1842 he became court court advisor at the court in Darmstadt and in 1848 secretary at the government commission of the Biedenkopf administrative district . After the restoration of the districts, he became district assessor in Darmstadt in 1852 and provisional and in 1855 final district councilor in the Lauterbach district . In 1858 he was transferred to the Dieburg district as a district councilor . In 1866 he was promoted to director of the provincial directorate of the province of Upper Hesse and at the same time became district councilor in the district of Gießen . In 1870 he became director of the provincial headquarters of the Starkenburg province and district councilor in the Darmstadt district . In 1872 he was appointed a privy councilor and chairman of the court theater and court music directorates. In 1874 he became director of the provincial headquarters of the province of Rheinhessen and district councilor in the district of Mainz . He stayed in this position until 1877 when he became President of the Upper Consistory in Darmstadt. In 1899 he retired.
From 1866 to 1872 he was a member of the Second Chamber of the Estates. He was elected for the constituency Starkenburg 2 / Groß-Gerau (I) . From 1872 to 1875 he was again, this time for the constituency Starkenburg 14 / Groß-Gerau a member of the second chamber. On November 17, 1886, the Grand Duke appointed him a lifelong member of the 1st Chamber of the Estates of the Grand Duchy of Hesse. From April 26, 1887 to 1905, he took on the mandate. In the estates he represented liberal / conservative positions.
On April 17, 1871, he became President of the Agricultural Association for Starkenburg and President of the Central Office for Agriculture and the Agricultural Associations. On March 18, 1872, he was deputatus for the execution of the Graeflich-Erbach-Fürstenauischen trunk debt repayment status.
- 1872: Privy Councilor
- August 17, 1892: Dr. theol. hc
- September 29, 1866: Award of the Knight's Cross 1st Class of the Ludewig Order
- June 17, 1873: Award of the Commander's Cross, Class II, of the Order of Merit of Philip the Magnanimous
- January 17, 1875: Awarded the Prussian Order of the Crown, 1st class
- September 28, 1877: Awarded the Prussian Order of the Crown, 2nd class
- September 12, 1884: Real Privy Councilor, Your Excellency
- September 12, 1886: Awarded the Commander's Cross of the Order of Merit of Philip the Magnanimous
- February 6, 1899: Awarded the crown to the Grand Cross of the Order of Merit of Philip the Magnanimous
- Hans Georg Ruppel, Birgit Groß: Hessian MPs 1820–1933. Biographical evidence for the estates of the Grand Duchy of Hesse (2nd Chamber) and the Landtag of the People's State of Hesse (= Darmstädter Archivschriften. Vol. 5). Verlag des Historisches Verein für Hessen, Darmstadt 1980, ISBN 3-922316-14-X , pp. 113–114.
- Jochen Lengemann : MdL Hessen. 1808-1996. Biographical index (= political and parliamentary history of the state of Hesse. Vol. 14 = publications of the Historical Commission for Hesse. Vol. 48, 7). Elwert, Marburg 1996, ISBN 3-7708-1071-6 , p. 149.
- Klaus-Dieter Rack, Bernd Vielsmeier: Hessian MPs 1820–1933. Biographical evidence for the first and second chambers of the state estates of the Grand Duchy of Hesse 1820–1918 and the state parliament of the People's State of Hesse 1919–1933 (= Political and parliamentary history of the State of Hesse. Vol. 19 = Work of the Hessian Historical Commission. NF Vol. 29) . Hessian Historical Commission, Darmstadt 2008, ISBN 978-3-88443-052-1 , pp. 353-354.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Goldmann, Carl Ludwig Theodor (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Member of Parliament for the Grand Duchy of Hesse|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 2, 1821|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||to water|
|DATE OF DEATH||October 28, 1905|
|Place of death||Darmstadt|