Karl Christian Eigenbrodt
Eigenbrodt was the son of the lieutenant and farmer Wilhelm Ernst Eigenbrodt and Elisabeth Dorothea Eigenbrodt, née Henry. His first marriage was Marianne (Friederike Jacobina) geb. Langsdorff (1771-1808). Their son Reinhard Eigenbrodt was also a lawyer, member of parliament and minister in the Grand Duchy of Hesse. The daughter Julie married the pastor and politician Karl Köhler . After the death of his wife, Eigenbrodt remarried in 1814. His second wife was Louise (Friederike) geb. Bojanus (1789-1880). Eigenbrodt was a Protestant.
Since 1795 Eigenbrodt worked as administrator of the property of the Lord von Hammerstein . After studying law , Eigenbrodt was appointed chamber councilor in 1803 in the Duchy of Westphalia, which was then part of Hesse-Darmstadt . In 1806 he became a member of its government in Arnsberg . In 1809 he headed the Oberforstkollegium in Darmstadt in the rank of Oberforstrate. In 1818 he became a member of the Appellations Commission of the Rheinhessen . From 1819 he headed this as director.
In 1820 he was elected to the second chamber of the newly created state estates of the Grand Duchy of Hesse for the constituency of Breuberg-Höchst, where he was president of the second chamber. In 1821 he moved up to the government of the Grand Duchy as a Privy Councilor of State in the Finance Ministry and resigned from parliament. His re-election to the second state parliament in the same constituency led to an intense debate in the state estates as to whether his office was compatible with the mandate in the second chamber. The majority of the Second Chamber saw no compatibility and rejected his mandate.
In 1827 he was promoted to Dr. jur. doctorate, 1831 President of the Central Agricultural Authority.
From 1835 to 1839 he was again (this time for the constituency of Erbach ) a member of the Second Chamber.
- Handbook of the Grand Ducal Hessian Ordinances from 1803. 4 volumes. Heyer and Leske, Darmstadt 1816–1818, digitized volume 1 , digitized volume 2 , digitized volume 3 , digitized volume 4 .
- About the nature of the Bede levies in relation to the question of whether those liable to be exempt from these burdens free of charge. Historical and legal discussions along with chrestomathy. Heyer, Giessen 1826.
- The relationship of the courts to the administration in the Grand Duchy of Hesse with decisions of the State Council in Darmstadt. Edited by Rheinhard Eigenbrodt. Leske, Darmstadt 1840.
- Hans Georg Ruppel, Birgit Groß: Hessian MPs 1820–1933. Biographical evidence for the estates of the Grand Duchy of Hesse (2nd Chamber) and the Landtag of the People's State of Hesse (= Darmstädter Archivschriften. Vol. 5). Verlag des Historisches Verein für Hessen, Darmstadt 1980, ISBN 3-922316-14-X , p. 94.
- Klaus-Dieter Rack, Bernd Vielsmeier: Hessian MPs 1820–1933. Biographical evidence for the first and second chambers of the state estates of the Grand Duchy of Hesse 1820–1918 and the state parliament of the People's State of Hesse 1919–1933 (= Political and parliamentary history of the State of Hesse. Vol. 19 = Work of the Hessian Historical Commission. NF Vol. 29) . Hessian Historical Commission, Darmstadt 2008, ISBN 978-3-88443-052-1 , p. 1020.
- Ludwig Luckemeyer: Liberales Waldeck and Pyrmont and Waldeck-Frankenberg 1821–1981, 1984, pp. 37–39.
- Eigenbrodt, Carl Christian. Hessian biography. (As of November 20, 2019). In: Landesgeschichtliches Informationssystem Hessen (LAGIS).
- According to other sources: November 20.
|SURNAME||Eigenbrodt, Karl Christian|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Eigenbrodt, Carl Christian|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Hessian politician|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 26, 1769|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Lauterbach farm near Vöhl|
|DATE OF DEATH||May 11, 1839|
|Place of death||Darmstadt|