After graduating from the Polytechnic High School in 1978, Ludwig graduated from 1978 to 1982 at the Institute for Teacher Training in Auerbach / Vogtl. training as a primary school teacher . From 1983 to 1994 she worked as an educator and teacher. From 1990 to 1994 she was a teacher in the state school experiment of the Chemnitz school model , which she was involved in establishing.
Barbara Ludwig has a daughter.
She has been a member of the SPD since 1991. Barbara Ludwig was a member of the Saxon state parliament from 1994 to 2001 . From September 2001 she was head of the department for health, social affairs and culture in the city of Chemnitz. After the state elections in Saxony in 2004 , Ludwig was involved in the coalition negotiations to form a grand coalition. At the start of the negotiations, the Sächsische Zeitung reported that CDU circles had launched an accident involving Ludwig in 2002 that resulted in death, and speculated that she was therefore no longer considered a candidate for Minister of Social Affairs. After the formation of the government, she was appointed minister in the Saxon State Ministry for Science and Art on November 11, 2004 by Prime Minister Georg Milbradt .
On June 25, 2006, she won the election as Lord Mayor of Chemnitz, succeeding Peter Seifert (SPD), who retired on August 1, 2006. Following a complaint Martin Kohlmanns against his non-admission as a candidate for election could their office, as announced on 19 July 2006, did not compete in time and was therefore on 13 September 2006 from Chemnitz city council with 39 of 51 votes to Amtsverweserin selected. She was able to use all rights and duties as well as the title of mayor, but not exercise her right to vote in the city council. After Kohlmann's complaint was rejected by the 4th Senate of the Saxon Higher Administrative Court , Ludwig became mayor on June 8, 2007. In the mayoral election on June 16, 2013, she just missed an absolute majority with a result of 46.56%, so that two weeks later a second ballot was necessary in which she, after the withdrawal of the applicants from Alliance 90 / The Greens , Volkmar Zschocke , and the left , Miko Runkel, was confirmed in office with 63.84% of the vote. She will not run for office again in the 2020 mayoral election. Their term of office expires on September 12, 2020.
On October 26, 2007, Ludwig was elected to the federal executive committee by the SPD party congress. She was previously a member of the presidium of the federal executive committee of the SPD.
Ludwig was a member of the board of trustees of the world cultural heritage Dresden Elbe Valley .
- Lord Mayor of the City of Chemnitz
- wiwo.de - heads of business
- Barbara Ludwig in the Munzinger Archive ( beginning of article freely available)
- Gunnar Saft: Milbradt opens his cash book , in: Sächsische Zeitung of September 29, 2004.
- November 11, 2004, Saxony: Four newcomers to the Milbradt cabinet, accessed on February 5, 2009.
- Chemnitz Official Journal - Rathaus Journal, July 26, 2006 (PDF; 813 kB)
- Official final result of the mayoral election of June 16, 2013
- Official final result of the mayoral election of June 30, 2013
- Lord Mayor Barbara Ludwig will no longer run for the next mayor election , press release from the city of Chemnitz on September 10, 2019.
- Awarding of the Saxon Constitutional Medal 2018 , press release Saxon State Parliament, accessed on August 29, 2018.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Ludwig, Barbara Christa (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (SPD), MdL|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 8, 1962|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Karl Marx City|