|German title||Chasing Amy|
|Original title||Chasing Amy|
|Country of production||United States|
|Age rating||FSK 16|
Joey Lauren Adams
The comic book artist Holden McNeil and Banky Edwards announced the joint comic series Bluntman and Chronic out. At a comic convention , Holden meets the comic artist Alyssa and falls in love with her a short time later. Convinced that she likes him too, he is shocked to discover that Alyssa is a lesbian. Nevertheless, he wants to build a friendship with her. Banky realizes that Holden is still in love and sees their work and friendship together at risk. When Holden also realizes that he is in love and sees their hopelessness, he reveals to Alyssa that he can no longer bear this friendship and actually feels more for her. She then gives in to her feelings for Holden and the two become a couple.
However, when Holden is confronted with Alyssa's sexually adventurous past, he does not feel equal to her and the relationship heads for a conflict between Holden, Alyssa and Banky, which Alyssa now distrusts because of the sudden change in her sexual orientation. In order to solve this conflict and to be able to stay friends with both, Holden suggests a three-way between the three. In doing so, he hopes to feel on an equal footing with Alyssa, who has had similar experiences in the past, and to give Banky the chance to express his affection for Holden sexually, although there is also a woman among them. In addition, Alyssa and Banky would understand each other better and become friends. Alyssa rejects this proposal because she has already passed this stage in life and does not want to take part in this experiment. The relationship then breaks up.
A year later, Holden and Alyssa meet again at a comic book convention and you can see that they still have feelings for each other. Holden shows Alyssa a comic book that he has drawn in the meantime and in which he has processed his memories of their relationship.
“A typical slacker film with long takes and exuberant dialogues, in which it is about God and the world, but above all about sexual fantasies. The radicalism and honesty of the dialogues and discussions are shocking and fascinating and demand a certain amount of serenity from the audience. "
- Joey Lauren Adams was nominated for a Golden Globe Award in 1998 . It won the Las Vegas Film Critics Society Award in 1998 .
- Kevin Smith and Jason Lee won the 1998 Independent Spirit Award . Scott Mosier was nominated for the same award.
- Joey Lauren Adams was nominated for the 1998 MTV Movie Award for Best Actress and, along with Carmen Llywelyn, for Best Kiss .
The film was set to music at Hermes Synchron . Andreas Pollak wrote the dialogue book and directed the dialogue.
|Holden McNeil||Ben Affleck||Nicolas Boell|
|Banky Edwards||Jason Lee||Roman Kretschmer|
|Alyssa Jones||Joey Lauren Adams||Dorette Hugo|
|Collector||Scott Mosier||Matthias Klages|
|Hooper X||Dwight Ewell||Charles Rettinghaus|
|Jim Hicks||Brian O'Halloran|
|Shawn Oran||Matt Damon||Albert Obitz|
|Jay||Jason Mewes||Simon hunter|
|Silent Bob||Kevin Smith||Johannes Berenz|
|fan||Ethan Suplee||Gerald Schaale|
- Chasing Amy is the third film in a series of New Jersey films about the heroes Jay and Silent Bob , written by director Kevin Smith, who also embodies the character Silent Bob .
- The comic scene as the background for the film is related to the comic series belonging to the film series. The individual comics link the films from Clerks to Dogma and later appeared under the title Chasing Dogma .
- Holden and Banky are characters from J. D. Salinger's The Catcher in the Rye .
- There were two real couples in front of the camera for this film: Kevin Smith and Joey Lauren Adams, as well as Jason and Carmen Lee, who plays Kim, Alyssa's lover. Smith got the idea for the script during his life with Adams.
- The credits read: "Jay and Silent Bob will return in Dogma (we promise)".
- Chasing Amy and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back are the only films in Smith's series of New Jersey films in which the character Silent Bob gives a lengthy monologue.
- Chasing Amy in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Chasing Amy atRotten Tomatoes(English)
- Illustrated review of the corresponding DVD
- Comparison of the cut versions in the theatrical version - workprint by Chasing Amy at Schnittberichte.com
- Chasing Amy in the Lexicon of International Films
- German synchronous index: German synchronous index | Movies | Chasing Amy. Retrieved April 3, 2018 .