|Dunkin 'Brands Inc.
|legal form||Corporation , subsidiary|
|founding||1950 in Quincy (Massachusetts) , USA|
|Seat||Canton, Massachusetts , USA|
Nigel Travis , Chairman & CEO
John Costello , President Global Marketing and Innovation
|Number of employees||120,000|
|sales||810.9 million USD ( 2015 )|
Dunkin 'Donuts has been a franchise company since 1955 . There are 11,300 restaurants worldwide (as of March 2016) in 36 countries, including over 8,000 in the USA and over 3,200 others in North and South America, Europe, Asia, New Zealand and South Africa. In Australia, the chain opened stores in the 1980s, but all of them closed again in the late 2000s.
From 2018, the chain began a rebranding in the USA to make the branches more attractive to the younger generation. "Donuts" is deleted from the name. In addition, the flavors have been reduced. In the stores that have already been modernized, customers can order the products using their smartphones and pick them up at a pick-up counter.
The first German Dunkin 'Donuts branch opened in Berlin in 1999 .
Branches in Germany
On August 3, 2017, it became known that two of the franchisees, "S&C International Deutschland GmbH" and "Will Coffee GmbH", had filed for bankruptcy. The reason given was a decline in customers at train stations due to long-distance bus traffic , where a large part of the branches are located, as well as the introduced minimum wage .
Franchisees in Germany:
- S&C International Deutschland GmbH based in Berlin-Charlottenburg , owner of the franchise license for Berlin and Saxony .
- Dunkin 'Donuts Hamburg GmbH and Donuts Good Times GmbH, both based in Ronnenberg - Empelde , owner of the franchise license for Hamburg , Lower Saxony and Bremen .
- Will Coffee GmbH based in Mülheim an der Ruhr , owner of the franchise license for North Rhine-Westphalia .
- Headz System GmbH based in Maintal-Dörnigheim , owner of the franchise license for Hessen .
- MB Donuts GmbH, based in Trier , belongs to the Berger Group, owner of the franchise license for Rhineland-Palatinate .
- Bee Busy GmbH based in Stuttgart , owner of the franchise license for Baden-Württemberg .
- DBS System GmbH based in Neuendettelsau , owner of the franchise license for Bavaria .
Branches in Austria
At the end of 2014 two branches were opened in Austria. In March 2016 the first branch opened in Upper Austria (in Plus City ). On June 2, 2016, it became known that the franchisee, M&D Restaurant Development GmbH, had filed for bankruptcy . The goal of selling 3,000 donuts per day per location was not achieved.
Branches in Switzerland
On September 22nd, 2015, Dunkin 'Donuts announced that it would also open branches in Switzerland . The license holder is the Swiss company PRS Restaurants AG. Behind this company are the three young entrepreneurs Robin Lauber, Sebastian Homann and Yves Schmid, as well as the two experienced entrepreneurs Roland Zanotelli and Paul Nagel, who are already successful as real estate and retail developers.
The branches have almost identical ranges. Solid ingredients are mainly various glazed and filled donuts , but also other pastries, including bagels , croissants , brownies , muffins and coffee specialties .
There are also seasonal donuts in every branch.
In addition to Dunkin 'Donuts, Dunkin' Donuts Inc. operates “ Baskin-Robbins ”. Annual sales in 2015 were $ 10.1 billion.
- Official website
- Official German website
- Official Austrian website
- Official Swiss website
- Dunkin 'Donuts Center in New England (USA)
- Dunkin Donuts.com: Company Snapshot (accessed March 10, 2016)
- Dunkin 'Donuts Arrives in South Africa to Challenge Krispy Kreme Bloomberg.com, October 13, 2016, accessed July 17, 2018.
- Dunkin 'without the' Donuts'? news.com.au, August 4, 2017, accessed July 17, 2018.
- Thorsten Mumme: Between bankruptcy and digitization - where is Dunkin 'Donuts going? , NGIN Food, April 19, 2018, accessed July 17, 2018.
- Dunkin 'Donuts Germany: Find your store in the store finder! Retrieved May 30, 2020 .
- Dunkin 'Donuts has filed for bankruptcy in Berlin. In: BZ Berlin. August 10, 2017. Retrieved August 10, 2017 .
- Evelyn Binder: Operator of Dunkin Donuts file for bankruptcy. In: Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger. August 10, 2017. Retrieved August 10, 2017 .
- S&C International Germany GmbH. Retrieved August 10, 2017 .
- Dunkin 'Donuts Hamburg GmbH. Retrieved August 10, 2017 .
- Donuts Good Times GmbH. Retrieved August 10, 2017 .
- Will Coffee GmbH. Retrieved August 10, 2017 .
- Headz System GmbH. Retrieved August 10, 2017 .
- MB Donuts GmbH. Retrieved August 10, 2017 .
- Bee Busy GmbH. Retrieved August 10, 2017 .
- DBS System GmbH. Retrieved August 10, 2017 .
- First Dunkin 'Donuts Shop has opened (accessed November 20, 2014)
- Dunkin Donuts broke due to financial hole in Austria. In: derStandard.at. Retrieved June 2, 2016 .
- Dunkin 'Donuts is coming to Switzerland . In: infoticker.ch . ( infoticker.ch [accessed January 30, 2018]).
- Queue in front of the first Dunkin'-Donuts branch (20min.ch, accessed on November 20, 2014)
- Dunkin 'Donuts Switzerland: Store Finder - Dunkin' Donuts Switzerland. Retrieved May 30, 2020 .
- Boston.com: Dunkin 'Brands Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2015 Results ( Memento of the original from March 10, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (accessed on March 10, 2016)