Directorate-General for Agriculture and Rural Development
The Directorate-General for Agriculture and Rural Development ( DG AGRI ) is one of the Directorates General of the European Commission , the organization of the General for policies belongs (policies).
The Directorate-General reports to the Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development . In the Juncker Commission exercises Phil Hogan from the office. The head office is in the Rue de la Loi (Wetstraat) in the “European Quarter” in Brussels .
The directorate is responsible for implementing the common agricultural policy in all areas, including market organization, economic analyzes and evaluations, quality policy and international relations, as well as rural development policy . This is part of the EU structural policy and is pursued in conjunction with the other Directorates General of the European Commission involved.
The General Directorate has around 1,000 employees, is headed by a General Director (currently the former Polish Secretary of State for Agriculture Jerzy Bogdan Plewa ) and is divided into ten specialist directorates and an administrative directorate directly subordinate to the General Director. The technical directorates report to one director each and two to three of them fall under the responsibility of one of four deputy directors-general. (All information is as of July 2014.)
The directorates of the Directorate-General for Agriculture and Rural Development are:
- A: International bilateral relations
- B: Multilateral relations, quality policy
- C: Single Common Market Organization (CMO), economic issues and economic analysis of agricultural markets
- D: direct aid
- E: Economic Analysis, Perspectives and Evaluations; communication
- Q: Rural Development Programs I
- G: Rural Development Programs II
- H: General aspects of rural development and research
- I: Agricultural laws and procedures
- J: Audit of agricultural spending
- R (reporting directly to the Director General): resource management, accounting and anti-fraud advisors
- Presentation of the General Management. Directorate-General for Agriculture and Rural Development, accessed 9 August 2014 .
- General director Jerzy Bogdan Plewa. Directorate-General for Agriculture and Rural Development, accessed 9 August 2014 .
- Organizational plan 2014. (PDF; 322 kB) Directorate-General for Agriculture and Rural Development, July 16, 2014, accessed on August 9, 2014 .