Hannes Obermair (born August 25, 1961 in Bozen ) is a South Tyrolean historian , archivist and exhibition curator . His main research interests include urban and regional history , medieval research , the history of writing , diplomacy and editions , the history of historiography and research on fascism .
From 1980 to 1987 Obermair studied history , German , comparative literature and philosophy at the Universities of Innsbruck and Vienna . He obtained his doctorate with the dissertation submitted in Innsbruck, The Bolzano Archives of the Middle Ages to 1500 . From 1988 to 1990 he completed a two-year course in archival science , palaeography and diplomacy at the Bolzano State Archives . Subsequently, Obermair worked for the Bavarian Main State Archives , the Austrian State Archives and the South Tyrolean State Archives . From 2002 to 2017 he worked for the municipality of Bolzano, from 2009 as head of the Bolzano city archive . Since 2019 he has been a Senior Researcher (Philosopher-in-Residence) at Eurac in Bozen.
Obermair, who was or is also a Research Fellow at the Max Planck Institute for History and a lecturer at the Universities of Innsbruck and Trento and at the Istituto Storico Italiano per il Medio Evo , acts as co-editor and editor of the historical journal Geschichte und Region / Storia e region . He is a research assistant at the Studi Trentini di scienze storiche and is a member of the Scientific Advisory Board of the Studi di Storia Medioevale e di Diplomatica published by the University of Milan . In 2020 he was elected a Fellow of the Royal Historical Society in London . He is also a full member of the Accademia degli Agiati in Rovereto .
During his time at the Bolzano City Archives, Obermair initiated the digitization project “ BOhisto : Bozen-Bolzano's History Online”. He was a member of the group of historians who in 2014 developed the historical documentation exhibition “BZ '18 –'45: one monument, one city, two dictatorships” in the Bolzano Victory Monument and received a special commendation for this in 2016 as part of the EMYA award . In 2015 he initiated the first laying of Stolpersteine in Bolzano . He was also instrumental in the historicization of the monumental Mussolini relief at Casa Littoria in 2017 .
Since 2010 he has been a board member of the South Tyrolean section of the Italian resistance association Associazione Nazionale Partigiani d'Italia . In the Italian parliamentary elections in 2018 , Obermair ran for the Senate as a representative of the South Tyrolean party Green Verdi Vërc on the list of Liberi e Uguali (LeU) in the single constituency of Merano without obtaining a mandate. In May 2018 he was selected by Politika - South Tyrolean Association of Political Science as a Political Personality of the Year 2017 award.
- Literature by Hannes Obermair in the catalog of the German National Library
- Literature by and about Hannes Obermair in the bibliographic database WorldCat
- Obermair, Hannes . Publications in the bibliographic database of the Regesta Imperii .
- Researcher profile of Hannes Obermair at Clio-online
- Hannes Obermair on academia.edu
- Dissertation by Hannes Obermair (University of Innsbruck, 1986)
- Eurac Research: People - Staff. eurac.edu, March 27, 2020, accessed April 1, 2020 .
- Directory of the lecturers of the “Istituto Storico Italiano per il Medio Evo” in Rome , accessed on December 1, 2014
- Website of Geschichte und Region / Storia e regione : Entry in the member directory
- Studi Trentini. Storia: Collaboratori scientifici. Archived from the original on April 17, 2018 ; accessed on April 21, 2018 .
- Studi di storia medioevale e di diplomatica: organigramma. Retrieved April 21, 2018 .
- Royal Historical Society: Current Fellows and Members - O. royalhistsoc.org, February 7, 2020, accessed April 1, 2020 .
- website of "BOhisto: Bolzano's History Online»
- the tooth of the monument. salto.bz , July 21, 2014, accessed on February 17, 2015 (Interview by Christine Helfer with Hannes Obermair).
- Historicization par excellence. salto.bz, August 12, 2017, accessed October 10, 2017 .
- Bolzano: Stumbling blocks are reminiscent of the Holocaust. Südtirol Online , November 8, 2016, archived from the original on November 7, 2017 ; Retrieved November 4, 2017 .
- Karl Hinterwaldner: From Hans to Hannah . In: ff - Südtiroler Wochenmagazin , No. 44, November 2, 2017, pp. 34–35.
- Lisa Maria Gasser: Green-red candidates. salto.bz, January 20, 2018, accessed March 7, 2018 .
- Political Personality of the Year (PPJ) 2017. Politika, May 3, 2018, accessed on May 11, 2018 .
- Andrea Carla: Personalità politica dell'anno: Hannes Obermair e il processo di storicizzazione dei monumenti fascisti. In: Politika 2018. South Tyrolean Yearbook for Politics . Raetia: Bozen 2018. ISBN 978-88-7283-632-3 , pp. 354-371.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Italian historian and archivist (South Tyrol)|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 25, 1961|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bolzano|