Haven (TV series)
|Country of production||Canada|
|Episodes||78 in 5 seasons ( list )|
|genre||Drama , fantasy , mystery|
Ginny Jones Duzak
|First broadcast||July 9, 2010 (USA) on Syfy|
|October 8, 2010 on Syfy|
Haven is a Canadian fantasy series, loosely based on the novel Colorado Kid by Stephen King -based and was developed by Jim Dunn and Sam Ernst. The series is mainly produced in and around the Canadian town of Chester in a Canadian-American co-production.
FBI agent Audrey Parker arrives in the small Maine town of Haven to find and arrest an escaped inmate. In doing so, she comes across supernatural things that are happening in the city. She learns that such mysterious incidents occurred years ago in the city, but then disappeared again. When these supernatural things reappear and Audrey discovers that she, too, has something to do with this town, she decides to stay there to help the local police solve the mysterious cases.
The series started on July 9, 2010 in the USA on the cable broadcaster Syfy . On October 7, 2010, Syfy extended the series by a second season with 13 episodes, which was broadcast from July 15, 2011. On October 12, 2011, Haven was extended by a 13-part third season, which aired from September 21, 2012 to January 17, 2013. On November 9, 2012, Syfy announced the production of a fourth season, which will again consist of 13 episodes. The fourth season began broadcasting on September 13 and ended on December 13, 2013. At the end of January 2014, Syfy announced the production of a fifth season with 26 episodes, the first 13 episodes were between September 11 and December 13, 2014 to see. The remaining 13 episodes have aired since October 8, 2015. In August 2015, SyFy announced the discontinuation of the series after the fifth season.
In Germany, the German offshoot Syfy aired the first season from October 8, 2010 and the second season from November 10, 2011, both in German-language premieres. On free TV , the broadcaster RTL II showed the first season from September 7, 2011. Due to a lack of audience interest , however, it was postponed from the slot at 10 p.m. to 12:10 a.m. after the second episode and then completely shortly before the end of the first season set.
Reunion , the twelfth episode of the third season, which also shows violence at an American high school, was originally scheduled to air on December 14, 2012. Because of the rampage at Sandy Hook Elementary School that morning, Syfy decided not to air the episode. Instead, a repetition of the animated Eureka episode Do You See What I See ran on this program slot .
The Canadian city of Lunenburg serves as the city backdrop for Haven .
In Germany, the complete series has been broadcast on JOYN Plus since December 2019.
- United States
- Season 1 was released on June 14, 2011
- Season 2 was released on September 4, 2012
- Season 3 was released on September 3, 2013
- Season 4 was released on August 26, 2014
- Great Britain
- Season 1 was released on January 30, 2012
- Season 2 was released on October 1, 2012
- Season 3 was released on September 30, 2013
- Season 4 was released on September 8, 2014
- Season 1 was released on September 30, 2011
- Season 2 was released on March 30, 2012
According to WVG Medien GmbH, there will be no further series releases in Germany, Austria and Switzerland for “technical reasons”.
In November 2019 all 5 seasons were published on Joyn plus.
- Official website
- Haven in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Haven at Fernsehserien.de
- Haven in the online movie database
- Haven atrotten tomatoes(English)
- Haven on Serienjunkies.de
- ↑ Syfy Renews 'Haven' for 13 Episode Second Season . TV By the Numbers. October 7, 2010. Retrieved January 2, 2011.
- ^ Haven - A Tale of Two Audreys (2x01) . Serienjunkies.de . Retrieved July 16, 2011.
- ↑ Bernd Michael Krannich: Haven: Syfy has ordered a third season . Serienjunkies.de . October 12, 2011. Accessed April 22, 2020.
- ↑ Amanda Kondolojy: 'Haven' Renewed by Syfy for Fourth Season . TV by the Numbers.com . November 9, 2011. Retrieved November 10, 2011.
- ↑ Bernd Michael Krannich: Haven: US start of the 4th season in September on Syfy . In: Serienjunkies.de . July 9, 2013. Retrieved July 10, 2013.
- ↑ 'Haven'5. Season with US launch in September . Retrieved September 2, 2014.
- ↑ Arthur A .: SyFy ends the mystery series "Haven" after five seasons . In: Filmfutter.com . September 26, 2015. Retrieved September 28, 2015.
- ↑ Syfy shows "Haven" from October, secures "True Blood" . Serienjunkies.de. Retrieved August 8, 2010.
- ↑ Bernd Michael Krannich: Haven: Syfy Universal shows the 2nd season from November . Serienjunkies.de . August 29, 2011. Accessed April 22, 2020.
- ↑ Mariano Glas: Haven: Series start in September on RTL II . Serienjunkies.de. July 28, 2011. Retrieved July 28, 2011.
- ↑ Lynette Rice: Syfy pulls 'Haven' episode with fictitious school violence. In: Inside TV. ew.com , December 14, 2012, accessed December 15, 2012 .