In his youth piano lessons, a penchant for poetry, Leonard Cohen , Bob Dylan and Franz-Josef Degenhardt played a role. He largely financed his German studies at the Free University of Berlin himself, including as a bus tour guide. In 1979/1980 he withdrew five months to study on the island of Crete to write his doctoral thesis . This is entitled Subject and Body. A study of cultural criticism in the structure of Hans Henny Jahnn's works , illustrated in early texts . After completing his doctorate , he co-founded the music group Despite & Dreams . His hobby at the time of composing and writing songs became his profession, especially after Herwig Mitteregger was enthusiastic about his performance in 1982 and offered to collaborate on a professional, full-length solo program and a record. A highlight of those years was Maurenbrecher's appearance as part of the WDR television series Rockpalast in the Markthalle Hamburg on February 25, 1985. When the audience figures dwindled in between times, he captured a new, younger audience in the Berlin reading stage scene.
Maurenbrecher published more than twenty LPs or CDs under his own name, three CDs as part of Wednesday's conclusion and one LP with the group Defiance & Träume.
From 1995 he wrote scripts for episodes of the series Cobra 11 (RTL). From 1997 to 2002 Maurenbrecher worked as a regular writer for thehorn willow (WDR 5). In 2000 he wrote the Rheinfels saga and The Castle of 1000 Years - Drama scripts for two plays for the Rhineland-Palatinate Cultural Summer (overall director Richard Wester ). He has also published two novels and several short stories .
On the occasion of his 60th birthday, the tribute 3 CD box Maurenbrecher was released for everyone - an homage in 62 songs , on which well-known musicians companions and colleagues each interpret a song from his pen.
In March 2020 his 25th album, Inneres Ausland was released. As a result, the song "Now all of a sudden it goes" was awarded number one on the best song list in May 2020.
Politics and social engagement
Manfred Maurenbrecher has been a member of the PEN Center Germany since 2003 . In the 2009 federal election, Maurenbrecher publicly called for the election of the Left Party . On February 26, 2011, he supported Heinz Ratz's "Tour of 1000 Bridges" with a guest appearance in Erfurt, which aims to draw attention to the situation of refugees in Germany.
Important tours and programs
- 1987: Tour with Thommie Bayer and Richard Wester : "Three men in the snow"
- 1989–1992: tours with Richard Wester: "Das Duo"
- 1992: East-West program "Doppelkopp" with Gundermann & Seilschaft
- 1992: Solo program "Freedom is a moment"
- 1994: Solo program "Kisses and Cockroaches"
- 1994: Member of the " Reformbühne Heim & Welt "
- Since 1996: Regular Wednesday conclusion (reading cabaret) in Berlin with Horst Evers and Bov Bjerg
- 1997: Solo program "Favorite Games" and collaboration with the Berlin band " PULS "
- 2002: Solo program "Gegengift"
- 2002: "Night of Songs" tour with Nanette Scriba , Richard Wester and Pablo Ardouin
- 2005: Solo program "End of the Night"
- 2006: The Randy Newman Project ( George Nussbaumer , Richard Wester , Manfred Maurenbrecher)
- 2007: Solo program "Glück"
- 2016: Klagen ist for goals (Schubert's Winterreise, with Marco Ponce Kärgel )
- 2017: Solo program and with band "volatile"
- 1982: LP MaurenBrecher (CBS)
- 1983: LP fire alarm (CBS)
- 1985: LP / CD Far Too Beautiful (CBS)
- 1986: LP Live faster (CBS)
- 1989: LP / CD Nothing Will Be Like Before (CBS)
- 1991: CD Das Duo live (with Richard Wester , Monopol)
- 1996: CD Cockroaches (Bellaphon)
- 1997: CD sense of duty against unknown (CD sampler with 18 songs from 1983 - 1991 )
- 1997: CD Favorite Games (Bellaphon)
- 1999: CD Weisse Glut (with PULS, Richard Wester, Horst Evers and Bov Bjerg . Conträr-Musik / Indigo)
- 2001: CD Wednesday conclusion (live recording with Horst Evers and Bov Bjerg , Silberblick music)
- 2001: CD Hey Du - Nö! (Studio recording with Richard Wester, Conträr-Musik / Indigo)
- 2002: CD Gegengift (pure on the piano, Lamu music)
- 2002: CD Wednesday conclusion II (live recording with Horst Evers and Bov Bjerg , Silberblick music)
- 2004: CD End of the Night (Lamu Music)
- 2005: CD Wednesday conclusion - Geileeile - Bakery saleswomen unpack (live and studio recordings with Horst Evers and Bov Bjerg and others, Silberblick music)
- 2006: CD Die Lichtenberger Texte - overtaking without catching up (Silberblick music)
- 2007: CD Glück ( Reptiphon )
- 2009: CD Hope for All (double CD) (Reptiphon)
- 2011: CD wallbreaker (solo live) (double CD) (Reptiphon)
- 2013: CD No Go (Reptiphon)
- 2014: CD Klagen is for goals .... a winter journey (with Marco Ponce Kärgel) (Reptiphon)
- 2015: CD Rotes Tuch (Reptiphon)
- 2017: CD volatile (Reptiphon)
- 2020: CD Inner Abroad (Reptiphon)
- 1989: Almost like love (Roman, rororo)
- 1990: door closed. Be right! (Text collection, A-verbal-Verlag)
- 2000: Ballad from a little double life (text collection, Nora-Verlag)
- 2008: I'm not there (novel, publisher: House of the Poets)
- 2013: The Lies Song of Luck. Memories. (together with Veronika Fischer) Heyne, Munich 2013, ISBN 978-3-453-20026-5 .
- 2016: Wilmersdorf artists' colony. be.bra Verlag Berlin, ISBN 978-3-89809-128-2 .
- 2018: The Lichtenberger. Annual texts from 2001–2018. ISBN 978-3-947106-18-9 .
- 2019: green coat. Novel. be.bra Verlag Berlin, ISBN 978-3-86124-725-8 .
Awards and honors
- 1991: German Cabaret Prize
- 1998: Song award 1998 of the best song list for the song Wessi
- 2000: Winner of the "Goldener Schoppen 2000 - Kleinkunstgral" Berlin
- 2002: German cabaret award (program award) for " Wednesday conclusion "
- 2005: German Record Critics' Award for the CD Ende der Nacht
- 2007: Song list: CD Glück record of the month November
- 2010: Song award 2010 of the best song list for the song Hope for All
- 2010: Triple CD Maurenbrecher for everyone, 62 cover versions by Veronika Fischer , Reinhard Mey , Hannes Wader and Konstantin Wecker, among others , on the occasion of the 60th birthday and 30th anniversary on the stage
- 2013: German Record Critics' Prize for No Go
- 2015: Prize of the German Record Critics for Red Cloth
- 2016: Song award of the best song list for the Kiev Round
- Max Dax: Manfred Maurenbrecher turns seventy . In: Süddeutsche Zeitung . May 2, 2020, p. 16 .
- Manfred Maurenbrecher - Official website
- Manfred Maurenbrecher - Private collection of reviews, photos, videos and music
- Maurenbrecher for the 60th - songwriter, the elder in Der Tagesspiegel from May 2, 2010
- Lang interview with Maurenbrecher 2002 on the occasion of the Gegengift CD
- Works by and about Manfred Maurenbrecher in the catalog of the German National Library
- Manfred Maurenbrecher at Discogs (English)
- Ocke Bandixen with Manfred Maurenbrecher, the poet in the broadcast table discussion on WDR 5 on September 27, 2017
- Manfred Maurenbrecher: Subject and body: a study on cultural criticism in the structure of the works of Hans Henny Jahnn . Lang, Bern / Frankfurt am Main / New York 1983, ISBN 3-261-03298-7 .
- Lyrics Hafencafé with author's information
- Moors breakers for everyone - a homage in 62 songs
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German songwriter and author|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 2, 1950|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berlin|