|Coordinates||48 ° 22 ′ N , 2 ° 49 ′ E|
|Former INSEE code||77316|
|Incorporation||January 1, 2015|
Moret-sur-Loing is a district of Moret-Loing et Orvanne , a commune Déléguée with 4,326 inhabitants (at January 1, 2017) and a former French commune in the department of Seine-et-Marne in the region Ile-de-France . It was the main town (French chef-lieu ) of the canton of Moret-sur-Loing in the Arrondissement of Fontainebleau and a member of the Moret, Seine et Loing municipal association .
The municipality is located on the banks of the Loing and the Canal du Loing near the mouth of the river in the Seine . The Orvanne flows into the Loing in Moret-sur-Loing. The route départementale D 606 (the former N5 ) with the Viaduc de Moret-sur-Loing forms the southern bypass .
On January 1, 2015, Moret-sur-Loing merged with Écuelles and adopted the new name Orvanne . The two former communities remained as sub-communities (French commune déléguée ) of Orvanne. Before the merger, the place was marked with the INSEE code 77316.
On January 1, 2016, the municipality of Moret-Loing-et-Orvanne was formed from the municipalities of Orvanne, Épisy and Montarlot . The seat of the new municipality is the mayor's office in Moret-sur-Loing.
see also: List of Monuments historiques in Moret-Loing-et-Orvanne
- The remains of the fortifications from the 14th century are classified as Monument historique .
- Church of Our Lady from the 12./15. In the 18th century, the impressionist Alfred Sisley painted Notre Dame several times in 1893
- former monastery church of Pont-Loup from the 12th century
- Galerie de l'Hôtel Chabouillé from the 16th century, in the courtyard of the town hall
- Pont de Moret-sur-Loing , the old bridge, which was also painted several times by Impressionists
- Aqueduct bridge over the Loing
- Kilkenny in Ireland
- Külsheim in Baden-Württemberg , Germany
- Eugène Lavieille (1820–1889), French landscape painter from the Barbizon School , painted in Moret-sur-Loing and the surrounding area.
- Henri Lioret , watchmaker and inventor of an early sound recording system, was born in Moret-sur-Loing.
- Alfred Sisley (1839–1899), impressionist painter, died in Moret-sur-Loing.
- Le Patrimoine des Communes de la Seine-et-Marne . Flohic Editions, Volume 2, Paris 2001, ISBN 2-84234-100-7 , pp. 1003-1012.
- ↑ Arrêté du 2 December 2014 portant création de la commune nouvelle d'Orvanne published in JORF and in Légifrance (French)