|location||Leningrad Oblast , Saint Petersburg ( Russia )|
|muzzle||near Saint Petersburg in the Baltic Sea
|Height difference||4 m|
|Bottom slope||0.05 ‰|
|Catchment area||281,000 km²|
||2500 m³ / s
|Big cities||St. Petersburg|
|Medium-sized cities||Kirovsk , Otradnoye|
|Small towns||Key castle|
The Neva in Saint Petersburg
The Neva river system gets its name from the last 74 kilometers of the river, but drains a very large catchment area via the two large tributaries of Lake Ladoga ( Volkhov and Swir ). The average water runoff of the Neva of around 2500 m³ / s is only slightly lower than the average water runoff of the Rhine .
|Great Neva (Bolshaya Neva)||from the Fontanka estuary to the Blagoveshchensky bridge||2.40|
|From the Blagoveshchensky Bridge to the Castle Bridge||1.22|
|Little Neva (Malaya Neva)||4.85|
|Great Newka (Bolshaya Newka)||from the Neva to the Little Nevka||3.70|
|from the Little Newka to the Middle Newka||2.05|
|From the Middle Newka to the Neva Bay||2.15|
|Middle Nevka (Srednjaja Newka)||2.60|
|Little Newka (Malaja Newka)||4.90|
The bridges (road bridges, unless otherwise stated) over the Neva main fairway (Neva and the Great Neva estuary) are, in the direction of flow:
- Ladoga bridge (trunk road R21 below Schluesselburg )
- Kusminka bridge (rail lifting bridge along the route Ladoga Station - Mga in Kusminka above Otradnoje )
- Great Obuchowski Bridge ( ring road )
- Volodarsky Bridge , 1993
- Finnish Railway Bridge (lift bridge on the connecting line between Moscow Railway - Ladoga Railway Station - Finnish Railway Station )
- Alexander Nevsky Bridge (by tram)
- Bolsheochtinsky Bridge
- Liteiny Bridge (by tram)
- Troitski Bridge (by tram)
- Castle Bridge
- Blagoveschensky Bridge (formerly Leutnant Schmidt Bridge)
The first two bridges are located in the area of Leningrad Oblast , the Great Obukhovsky Bridge on the city limits of Saint Petersburg, the rest in the urban area. Before the confluence of the Great Neva, the Neva Bay is crossed by a cable-stayed bridge during the Sapadny skorostnoi diametr expressway, which was completed in 2016 ; likewise the other mouth arms in the mouth area into the bay (from north to south Great Newka, Little Neva, the Sea Canal and Jekaterinowka), while the Smolenka is crossed by a tunnel.
During the night between 2 and 5 a.m. in Saint Petersburg, the Neva road bridges are opened, after which there is no longer any connection between numerous parts of the city. During the White Nights from the end of June to mid-July, the passage of the ship convoys is a spectacle that thousands of people watch despite the sleep time.
- Battle of the Neva 1240
- In 1789 Jakob II Bernoulli drowned in the Neva.
- In 1916 the spiritual healer Grigori Rasputin was thrown into an ice hole in the Neva after previous murder attempts and drowned.