Rainer Stickelberger (born April 6, 1951 in Lörrach ) is a German lawyer and politician ( SPD ). Since 2001 he has been a member of the state parliament of Baden-Württemberg as a representative of the constituency of Lörrach . From May 2011 to May 2016 he was Minister of Justice in the Kretschmann I cabinet .
education and profession
Stickelberger first attended the Kant-Gymnasium in Weil am Rhein and after a few years switched to the Hans-Thoma-Gymnasium in Lörrach, where he graduated from high school in 1970 . He studied in Freiburg law . Between 1979 and 1984 Stickelberger was a judge at the administrative courts in Freiburg and Karlsruhe .
From 1992 to May 2011 he worked as a lawyer in a law firm in Lörrach, particularly in the areas of local government as well as construction and planning law.
In 1971 Stickelberger joined the SPD. Between 1984 and 1992 he was mayor (first alderman ) of the city of Weil am Rhein . Stickelberger has been a member of the Baden-Württemberg state parliament since June 2001. Until May 2011 he was the legal policy spokesman and legal advisor for the SPD parliamentary group.
As in 2006, Stickelberger achieved the parliamentary mandate as a second mandate in 2011 and 2016. Stickelberger is one of the representatives of the state parliament of Baden-Württemberg in the broadcasting council of the SWR . On May 12, 2011 he was sworn in as Minister of Justice of the green-red coalition government . Stickelberger also successfully defended his state parliament mandate in the 2016 election. Since July 2016 he has been chairman of the state parliament's finance committee.
Stickelberger is involved in the sports club in his home town of Weil am Rhein - Haltingen . In addition, he is a member of the supervisory board of the building cooperative in Weil am Rhein, a member of the workers' welfare organization and other regional organizations and associations.
Stickelberger is married and has a daughter.
In the debate about the Stuttgart 21 rail project , Stickelberger said he was “very skeptical about the project”. He justified this with the threatened neglect of the Upper Rhine route as well as bad experiences with the cooperation with the Deutsche Bahn during his time as mayor. He was the only SPD minister to vote in favor of the draft law, which, due to its planned failure in the state parliament, led to a referendum .
Stickelberger is a proponent of data retention . After the Federal Constitutional Court had rejected the original regulation, it demanded in March 2013 that data retention should be implemented quickly “to protect children on the Internet”. As an example, he cited pedophile adults who date children on the Internet. In this context he stated: “We have to intervene in the network and increase the risk of detection for every potential perpetrator. Nobody can be sure that he will not be discovered ”. He was of the opinion that the absolute freedom of the internet would thus find a restriction, but the authorities would need this directive so that they would have greater access to criminal law.
This was criticized in the specialist media.
In the run-up to the SPD's membership decision on the question of forming a government in 2018 with the CDU / CSU, Rainer Stickelberger speaks out against such a coalition. He fears a loss of credibility for the party, which cannot be offset by considerable negotiating successes.
- Rainer Stickelberger's website
- FAZ of May 26, 2011: "Neither Ferrari nor Revolver"
- Profile of a member of the Baden-Württemberg state parliament in the 16th electoral term
- "I was never radical". Conversation with Rainer Stickelberger, in: Der Sonntag of December 8, 2013, p. 6
- Badische Zeitung Member of the State Parliament Lusche Frey Stickelberger
- Badische Zeitung: Lörrach state election results 2016 , accessed on April 8, 2016.
- Biography of Rainer Stickelberger ( Memento from January 4, 2006 in the Internet Archive ) (PDF; 124 kB)
- State Parliament of Baden-Württemberg, 16th electoral period, members by parliamentary group ( Memento from May 27, 2016 in the Internet Archive )
- Josef-Otto Freudenreich: Minister without God's blessing . In: The daily newspaper: taz . September 17, 2011, ISSN 0931-9085 , p. 01 ( taz.de [accessed on February 12, 2018]).
- Stuttgarter Zeitung, Stuttgart, Germany: Stuttgart 21: Green-Red prepares referendum . In: stuttgarter-zeitung.de . ( stuttgarter-zeitung.de [accessed on February 12, 2018]).
- Stickelberger calls for government intervention in the Internet, derwesten.de, March 26, 2013 , accessed on March 29, 2013
- Stickelberger calls for rapid implementation of data retention, derwesten.de, March 26, 2013 , accessed on March 29, 2013
- SPD: data retention is child protection winfuture.de, March 26, 2013 , accessed on March 29, 2013
- Badische Zeitung: Rainer Stickelberger remains opponent of GroKo - Lörrach - Badische Zeitung . ( badische-zeitung.de [accessed on February 12, 2018]).
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (SPD), MdL|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 6, 1951|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Loerrach|