Randolph Severn "Trey" Parker III. (Born October 19, 1969 in Conifer, Colorado ) is an American actor , screenwriter , producer , voice actor , musician , director and composer . He is best known for the creator of the television series South Park , which he co-produced with friend Matt Stone .
Randolph Severn Parker III is the younger of two children from Randy and Sharon Parker. His older sister is called Shelly. The South Park characters of the Marsh family are based on them. Parker attended West Jefferson Junior High School in Conifer and Evergreen High School in Evergreen, where he was viewed more as a class clown by his classmates. In 1988 he graduated from Evergreen High School .
He then began studying music at Berklee College of Music in Boston . To study film, however, he moved to the University of Colorado in Boulder after a year , where he met Matt Stone. Together they developed various animation and short films , including The Spirit of Christmas - Jesus vs. Frosty . Parker failed to graduate because she spent too much time on her first major production, Cannibal! The Musical , Stone, on the other hand, completed his maths degree.
It was through this film that she became aware of Brian Graden from the television station FOX , who commissioned a video Christmas greeting card in 1995, whereupon Trey and Matt started the short film project The Spirit of Christmas - Jesus vs. Santa produced. This already contained Stan Marsh, Kyle Broflovski, Eric Cartman and Kenny McCormick, the main characters from South Park . One of the recipients of The Spirit of Christmas - Jesus vs. Santa made several hundred copies of it, and the animated film got around massively in Hollywood and on the Internet.
Parker and Stone were then hired by Comedy Central to put on a show based on the animated characters from The Spirit of Christmas : Jesus vs. Santa based design. The product of this is South Park . Although it was not well received in initial tests in front of viewers, Comedy Central decided to have six episodes produced initially. South Park made its debut on August 13, 1997 and became the most watched series on the network to date.
In the summer of 1999, South Park: The Movie - Bigger, Longer, Unedited was released by Parker and Stone. For the song Blame Canada he received an Oscar nomination together with Marc Shaiman .
Parker also starred in various films with Stone and produced a. a. the series Here Comes Bush! Her last film project was the film Team America: World Police , made entirely with puppets , which opened in the US in October 2004 and in German cinemas on December 30, 2004 .
Parker lives in Bel Air . In 2006 he married Emma Sugiyama, from whom he divorced in 2008. Parker wrote a satirical Broadway musical with Stone called The Book of Mormon . The premiere took place on March 24, 2011. The musical won 9 Tony Awards and a Grammy and received excellent reviews from critics.
Parker married Boogie Tillmon in 2014, who brought a son into the marriage. Their daughter was born in 2013. In 2019, Parker divorced Tillmon.
Parker is a member of the Libertarian Party .
In 1996 Trey Parker founded the band DVDA together with Matt Stone , which has not yet released any records. However, many of the songs in the South Park series and other films and productions by the two band founders come from her. Members include Trey Parker ( lead vocals , piano ), Matt Stone ( vocals , electric bass , percussion ), Bruce Howell ( guitar ), DA Young ( keyboard ) and Nels Dielman ( drums ).
The expression DVDA comes from their comedy Orgazmo - which achieved a certain cult status - and means Double Vaginal Double Anal (German: double vaginal, double anal). In the film, DVDA is a sex position in which two men penetrate the anus and two more penetrate the vagina of the same woman with their penises at the same time. The position is not shown in the film.
The band recorded songs for the films South Park , among others : The film - bigger, longer, uncut , Orgazmo , Die Sportskanonen , Here comes Bush! , Team America: World Police and Cannibal! The Musical on.
- 1992: American History (Author)
- 1995: Your Studio And You (Author)
- 1995: Time Warped (TV series; writer, producer)
- 1996: Cannibal! The Musical (actor, writer, producer, director)
- 1996: The Spirit of Christmas (Writer, Producer, Director)
- since 1997: South Park (TV series; narrator in the original version, author, producer)
- 1997: Orgazmo (actor, writer, producer, director)
- 1998: Die Sportskanonen (Actor / Music DVDA)
- 1999: South Park: The Movie - bigger, longer, uncut (speaker in original version, writer, director)
- 2000: Revenge of the Roadkill Rabbit (Narrator)
- 2001: here comes Bush! (TV series; writer, producer, performer)
- 2004: Team America: World Police (writer, narrator, producer, director)
- 2011: 6 Days to Air: The Making of South Park (documentary about South Park )
- 2017: Despicable Me 3 (Speaker)
- 2018: The Shivering Truth (Narrator)
- 2014: South Park: The Stick of Truth (Author, Speaker)
- 2017: South Park: The Fractured But Whole (Author, Speaker, Developer)
- 2000 nomination: Best Song for Blame Canada from South Park: The Movie
- 1993 Awarded: Student Oscar for American History (Silver Medal)
- 2013 Award: Outstanding Animated Program for South Park (" A hollow bar ")
- Awarded 2009 : Outstanding Animated Program for South Park (" Margaritaville ")
- 2008 Awarded: Outstanding Animated Program for South Park (" Fantasieland ")
- 2007 Award: Outstanding Animated Program for South Park (" Make Love, Not WarCraft ")
- Awarded 2005 : Outstanding Animated Program for South Park (" ABF's - Very Best Friends ")
- 2011 Award: Best Musical for The Book of Mormon
- Awarded 2011 : Best musical libretto for The Book of Mormon
- Awarded 2011 : Best Original Music for The Book of Mormon
- Awarded 2011 : Best Musical Director for The Book of Mormon
- Carl Swanson: "Latter-Day Saints" . New York Magazine , March 6, 2011, p. 2.
- Tom Eames: "'South Park's Trey Parker to become a dad for first time" , Digital Spy , March 22, 2013
- Carl Swanson, "Trey Parker and Matt Stone Talk About Why The Book of Mormon Isn't Actually Offensive, and the Future of South Park" . Vulture / New York Magazine , March 11, 2011
- "South Park - South Park Creator Trey Parker To Be A Dad," Contactmusic.com, March 22, 2013
- The Book of Mormon - Official site (English)
- Felix Kjellberg (aka PewDiePie) by Trey Parker . In: Time , April 20, 2016. Retrieved November 14, 2017.
- 'South Park' co-creator Trey Parker dumps Brentwood Parcel . In: Variety , June 8, 2015. Retrieved April 30, 2016.
- 'South Park 20': 20 big highlights from the awesome Comic-Con panel . In: HitFix , July 22, 2016. Retrieved July 27, 2016. ( Page no longer available )
- Trey Parker coaxing his 3-year-old daughter to swear is sort of heartwarming . In: The AV Club , November 16, 2016. Retrieved November 19, 2017.
- Storm Gifford: 'South Park' co-creator Trey Parker pulls plug on marriage to wife Boogie after 5 years . In: New York Daily News . March 5, 2019. Retrieved March 6, 2019.
- Sign up for our Liberator Online News Letter ( Memento of July 17, 2012 in the Internet Archive ), accessed on October 3, 2013
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Parker III, Randolph Severn|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American actor, screenwriter, producer, and director|
|DATE OF BIRTH||19th October 1969|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Conifer , Colorado, United States|