University of Science Szeged
|University of Szeged|
Veritas - Virtus - Libertas
(truth - virtue - freedom)
and / or
Where knowledge and challenge meet
(where knowledge and challenge meet)
|place||Szeged , Hungary|
|Annual budget||43 billion HUF (2005)|
The University of Szeged ( Hungarian : Szegedi Tudományegyetem (SZTE) ) is one of the largest universities in Hungary. It is based in Szeged and was founded in Cluj-Napoca ( Kolozsvár in Hungarian ) in 1872 . The SZTE currently consists of twelve faculties.
The University of Cluj-Napoca in Transylvania , founded in 1872 with the exclusive language of instruction, was relocated to Szeged after the First World War after Transylvania was ceded to Romania in accordance with the provisions of the Treaty of Trianon in 1921 . After Northern Transylvania and Cluj was returned to Hungary as a result of the first Vienna arbitration , the school moved back to Kolozsvár. That is why a new university was founded between 1940 and 1945 as the University of Miklós Horthy in Szeged. The medical faculties were finally separated from the University of Szeged in 1957 and recognized as an independent university. In honor of its former professor, rector and Nobel Prize laureate Albert Szent-Györgyi , it was finally renamed the Albert Szent-Györgyi University of Medical Sciences in 1987 .
University operations were reorganized on January 1, 2000. In 1999 the Parliament passed a law on the integration of universities, as a result of which the Szeged University of Sciences was established. This includes the following former higher education institutions: the Attila József University , the Medical University "Albert Szent-Györgyi" , the Pedagogical University "Gyula Juhász" , the University of Applied Sciences for Food Industry in Szeged , the University of Applied Sciences for Agriculture in Hódmezővásárhely and the Conservatory .
The Albert Szent Györgyi Medical and Pharmaceutical Center consists of two faculties - the Medical Faculty (with a department for dentistry) and the Faculty of Pharmacy. In total, it has 17 pre-clinical and 17 clinical departments, 14 clinical and research laboratories.
Foreign language training is available at the medical and pharmacological faculties in English and German and at the law faculty in German and French.
History in numbers
- 1872 - Founding of the University of Cluj-Napoca (later the “ Franz Joseph University”).
- 1921 - The Franz Joseph University is relocated to Szeged.
- 1951 - The medical part is separated and established as an independent university.
- 1962 - The university takes the name of Attila József (JATE).
- 2000 - The individual institutes were reorganized to form the University of Szeged (SZTE).
|2||Ferenc József Tudományegyetem||Kolozsvár||(1881-1919)|
|3||Ferenc József Tudományegyetem||Budapest||(1919–1921)|
|4th||Ferenc József Tudományegyetem||Szeged||(1921-1940)|
|5||Ferenc József Tudományegyetem||Kolozsvár||(1940–1945)|
|6th||Horthy Miklós Tudományegyetem||Szeged||(1940–1945)|
|8th||József Attila Tudományegyetem||Szeged||(1962-1999)|
The SZTE consists of twelve faculties:
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Humanities
- University Faculty of Healthcare
- University faculty for the food industry
- University Faculty for Teacher Training "Gyula Juhász"
- Agricultural University Faculty
- Music Conservatory
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Business and Economics
- The Central University Library ( József Attila University Library )
is the largest library in southern Hungary. Their stock of books extends to more than a million copies that are available to students and teachers. It also includes the medical library for the German and English-language courses. Historical writings are also part of the inventory.
- The Somogyi Library is the central city library . She only collects fiction and magazines. It is also popular with students.
Acta Universitatis Szegediensis
- Acta Biologica Szegediensis
- Acta Climatologica
- Acta Cybernetica
- Acta Juridica et Politica
- Acta Scientiarum Mathematicarum
- Analysis Mathematica
- Electronic Journal of Qualitative Theory of Differential Equations
- Tiscia to Ecological Journal
- Ottó Czúcz : Member of the Constitutional Court from December 1998 to May 2004. He obtained his diploma in 1971 at the Faculty of State and Law at the University of JATE Szeged. 1974–1984 he taught at the law faculty of JATE.
- Karl Kerényi (1897–1973): temporarily held the chair for Classical Studies.
- Mario Szenessy (1930–1976): Hungarian-German writer and literary critic.
General information about studying in Hungary
Studied in Szeged
- University homepage (partly in English)
- Information in German
- Information for studying medicine in the German-language course
- szote.com (website for the non-hungarian medical students in Szeged)
- University library with OPAC and book catalog
- Web radio - University of Szeged
- Tiszaportál - Szegedi Egyetem Online
- Medical Center "Albert Szent-Györgyi"
- University Faculty for Teacher Training "Gyula Juhász"
- German-language information page for Szeged - (studies, culture, events)
- Az új épület * 2004.12.09.
- Könyvtári panoráma: 2005, December 29th.
- Venues: Study and Information Center, Congress Center of the University of Szeged - Szeged ( Memento of the original from March 11, 2007 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. .
- Katalin Keveházi, András Varga: A Szegedi Tudományegyetem Egyetemi Könyvtár 1701 előtti nyomtatványai . SZTE Egyetemi Könyvtár, Szeged 2010, ISBN 978-963-306-065-0 (inventory of old books before 1701 of the University Library of Szeged).
- András Varga: A Szegedi Tudományegyetem Egyetemi Könyvtár 1701-1800 közötti régi nyomtatványai . Ed .: Egyetemi Könyvtár. SZTE Klebelsberg Könyvtár, Szeged 2016, ISBN 978-963-306-422-1 (inventory of old books between 1701-1800 of the University Library of Szeged).
- Main page of the Somogyi library ( Memento of the original from April 3, 2005 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (German).