Association municipality of Kirn-Land
|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Basic data (as of 2019)|
|County :||Bad Kreuznach|
|Area :||117.94 km 2|
|Residents:||9668 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||82 inhabitants per km 2|
|Association structure:||20 municipalities|
|Association administration address
|last mayor:||Werner Müller ( SPD )|
|Location of the community of Kirn-Land in the Bad Kreuznach district|
The Verbandsgemeinde Kirn-Land was an administrative unit in the legal form of a regional authority in the Bad Kreuznach district in Rhineland-Palatinate . The association community consisted of 20 independent local communities . The administrative seat was in the city of Kirn .
Association members communities
|Local parish, city||Area (km²)||Residents|
|Becherbach near Kirn||8.41||387|
|Oberhausen near Kirn||4.58||853|
|Association municipality of Kirn-Land||117.94||9,668|
Population figures as of December 31, 2019
In contrast to the individual local parishes, the history of the Verbandsgemeinde Kirn-Land is still very young. The Verbandsgemeinde in its current form has existed since 1968, when the so-called functional and territorial reform was carried out in Rhineland-Palatinate . Its aim was to create equivalent living conditions in town and country through better infrastructure in rural areas.
The Verbandsgemeinde has its historical origins in the French administrative organization, which was introduced after the occupation of the left bank of the Rhine by French revolutionary troops from 1798.
From the non-union town of Kirn and the community of Kirn-Land, the new community of Kirner Land was formed on January 1, 2020 . The municipal council and the mayor of the new municipality were elected on October 20, 2019. The election times for the municipal council and mayor of the new municipality begin on January 1, 2020.
The development of the number of inhabitants in relation to the area of what is now the community of Kirn-Land; the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Association municipal council
Due to the upcoming merger of the Verbandsgemeinde Kirn-Land with the association-free city of Kirn on January 1, 2020, the general election on May 26, 2019 , but not until October 20, 2019, was elected in a new structure. The term of office of the previous municipal council was extended by state law to December 31, 2019. The thus still in office for the entire calendar year 2019 local council Kirn-Land consists of 24 honorary council members, who in the local elections on May 25, 2014 in a personalized proportional representation were elected, and the full-time mayor as chairman.
The distribution of seats in the municipal council until December 31, 2019:
- FWG = Free Voting Community Kirner Land eV
The last mayor of the community of Kirn-Land was Werner Müller (SPD). He was elected in direct election on October 11, 2009 with 51.7% of the vote. After the end of the eight-year electoral term in 2017, he continued the official business as a representative. On September 8, 2019, he died after a long illness.
coat of arms
Blazon : “Inside a shield border decorated with changing colors of red and gold; a curved half-point with three rows of gold and blue; split, in front a golden crowned and armed judicial silver lion; behind a blue armored red lion. "
- The silver lion shows the former belonging to the Wartenstein dominion , which was a Trier fief to the barons of Warsberg : Hahnenbach , Heinzenberg , Hennweiler and Oberhausen
- The red lion shows the former affiliation to the Wild and Rhine County : Dhaun , Hochstetten , Hochstädten and Meckenbach
- The blue chess shows the former affiliation to the front county of Sponheim , part of Baden: Bärenbach , Becherbach , Heimberg , Krebsweiler , Limbach and Otzweiler
- The red and gold border shows the number of parishes in the former office of Kirn-Land (until 1968). Red and gold are the colors of the men at Steinkallenfels ( from Hunolstein )
The graphic artist Karlheinz Brust, Kirn-Sulzbach, submitted a draft for the coat of arms of the Kirn-Land office in August 1963. With the approval of the State Archives , the Ministry of the Interior in Mainz granted on December 11, 1963 permission to use one's own coat of arms.
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association municipalities
- Statistical Maps, Verbandsgemeinde Kirn-Land, 2009
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State of Rhineland-Palatinate: State law on the merger. Section 2 (1) June 18, 2019, accessed on November 25, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Municipal elections 2014, Verbandsgemeinderatswahlen
- Günter Weinsheimer: Mourning the former mayor of the VG Kirn-Land. Allgemeine Zeitung, September 9, 2019, accessed on November 25, 2019 .