Even before he graduated from the Innsbruck Commercial Academy in 1992, Knoll worked as a presenter for various South Tyrolean private radio stations from 1991 to 1994 . His Ö3 career began in January 1994 with an internship at Treffpunkt Ö3 . Since then, Andi Knoll has worked as a presenter for Ö3 programs such as Hithotline and Express . From 2011 to the end of March 2014 he alternated with Peter L. Eppinger and moderated the Ö3-Mittagscharts and until February 2015 alternately with Robert Kratky the Ö3-Wecker . He gave the noon charts to Benny Hörtnagl . Since February 2015 he has been moderating the Ö3 morning show alternately with Kati Bellowitsch .
He made his TV commentary debut at the Eurovision Song Contest in Jerusalem in 1999 . Since then, Andi Knoll has been accompanying Knoll through the long night of the music spectacle for 20 years, with the exception of a two-year break. That is why he earned the joking nickname “Mr. Song Contest ". Since 2002 he has also presented Austria's preliminary decision for the Song Contest and moderated the annual presentation of the “ Amadeus Austrian Music Awards ” on ORF . In 2007 he moderated the daily infotainment magazine “ How please? ".
In 2007 and 2008 he reported from the red carpet at the Life Ball . In 2014 he moderated the Life Ball for Ö3. From 2009 to September 2010 he moderated Auf Wieder-See Austria on Thursday summer night before it was discontinued. Since February 2011 he has hosted the ORF show “Austria chooses”. In 2011 and 2012 he also presented Die Große Chance together with Doris Golpashin , and he moderated the third season in autumn 2013 together with Alice Tumler . He also moderated the spin-off “ The Great Comedy Chance ” in 2012, but single-handedly.
From December 19 to 24, 2014, Ö3 hosted the Ö3 Christmas Miracle for the first time . Andi Knoll, Gabi Hiller and Robert Kratky moderated for a good cause for 120 hours non-stop from the Ö3-Wunschhütte , a glass broadcasting container at Kapitelplatz in Salzburg . With a donation for the light in the dark emergency aid fund , which helps families in need, you could have a music wish fulfilled. A total of 617,582 euros were donated in these five days.
In the following year, the new edition of the Ö3 Christmas miracle took place, this time at Graz's Mariahilferplatz. After 120 hours of uninterrupted live broadcast (as of December 24, 2015, 10 a.m.), the total amount of the donation collected was 1,022,936 euros. Well-known live guests in the glass studio included Thomas Morgenstern , Thomas Muster , The Makemakes and Conchita Wurst . Hitradio Ö3 was it in December 2015 at the Austrian Event Award in the category "Public Events Charity / Social / Cultural" with the Award awarded the silver. On June 20, 2016, the Ö3 Christmas Miracle was awarded the Austrian Radio Prize as the best promotional campaign.
In addition to his activities on radio and TV, Knoll has also been advertising a food delivery service since December 2012.
For his moderation of the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 he received an award from the Austrian German Research Center at the University of Graz. His surprisingly ironic reaction "Now she has won the Schaas" (meant Conchita Wurst , who won the competition) was chosen as the 2014 slogan as an original saying and as "an act that shows great spontaneity and courage on the part of the speaker".
In October 2015 he was named Tyrolean of the year by Governor Günther Platter .
- The Ö3 community donates 1,022,936 euros , page on oe3.orf.at, accessed on December 24, 2015.
- Austrian Event Award: Silver for the Ö3 Christmas Wonder, page on oe3.orf.at, accessed on December 20, 2015.
- Gold, silver, bronze: Austrian Radio Prize 2016 awarded . OTS notification dated June 20, 2016, accessed June 21, 2016.
- 19-12-2012 www.atmedia.at ( Memento of the original from October 19, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- "Situation elastic" Word of the Year 2014. ORF, December 3, 2014
- orf.at - ESC moderators Tyrolean of the year . Article dated October 2, 2015, accessed October 2, 2015.
- "Austrian Radio Prize 2017" awarded in eleven categories . OTS notification dated June 26, 2017, accessed June 26, 2017.
- lisa.trompisch: Ö3 presenter Andi Knoll talks about his homosexuality. Retrieved April 30, 2019 .
- news networld Internet Service GmbH: Andi Knoll comes out. April 29, 2019, accessed April 30, 2019 .
- Ö3 moderator Andi Knoll talks about his homosexuality
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Knoll, Andreas|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian radio and television presenter|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 11, 1972|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||innsbruck|