Andreas Caminada (born May 6, 1977 in Ilanz ) is a Swiss chef .
Caminada grew up in Sagogn in Graubünden and completed an apprenticeship in the Hotel Signina in neighboring Laax . After completing his apprenticeship in 1996, he worked in several companies as pâtissier , chef entremetier and chef tournant until March 1998 . From June 1998 Caminada worked in various top restaurants in Switzerland and neighboring countries, including as pastry chef and tournant in the Hotel Walserhof in Klosters , as chef gardemanger in the Hotel Deuring Schlössle in Bregenz , as chief tournant in the Bareiss restaurant in Baiersbronn and as head chef in the restaurant zum Wiesengrund in Uetikon am See .
Since 2003, Caminada has been the tenant and chef de cuisine at the Schauenstein Schloss Restaurant Hotel in Fürstenau , which has a restaurant with 30 seats, three suites and three guest rooms. Andreas Caminada's restaurant has been awarded 3 Michelin stars and 19 Gault Millau points. The restaurant has been on "The World's 50 Best Restaurants" list without interruption since 2011 and in 2018 it reached 47th place in this international ranking. In March 2012, Caminada opened the Remisa - La Tavlada , which is used as a café on weekends and can be booked in the evening from Wednesday to Sunday for groups of 8 to 18 people with the high-quality cuisine of Schloss Schauenstein.
In the same year, Caminada published his own bookazine for the first time - a mixture of cookbook and magazine - which appears every six months in German and English. The 3-star catering “acasa” was also founded in 2012, which Caminada and his long-time friend Sandro Steingruber implement. In December 2015, Caminada launched its second restaurant brand "IGNIV by Andreas Caminada" in the Grand Resort Bad Ragaz in Bad Ragaz . This was followed a year later by another in Badrutt's Palace Hotel in St. Moritz, which is only open during the winter season. In IGNIV (Rhaeto-Romanic for "nest") there is no classic course sequence. Instead, you can choose from three courses with many different dishes that are served in different bowls and platters. Also in 2015 the “Fundaziun Uccelin” foundation was launched. Its purpose is to promote young cooking and service talent in their craft. In spring 2017, the Meierhaus, built in 1742 - a former administration building of the bishop - near Schloss Schauenstein was rebuilt, adding two suites and a guest room to the hotel.
Caminada is advertising partner of Audi , Bulthaup , Hublot , Lombard Odier & Co and V-Zug . He regularly publishes his own recipe clips in the Gault Millau Channel under “Atelier Caminada”.
From the beginning of 2018, Schauenstein Castle was closed for five months due to expansion and renovation measures. On June 1, 2018, the restaurant and hotel were reopened.
Caminada is married and has two sons. He is a passionate golfer.
- 2005 Edition of the Gault Millau Guide: Chosen as “Discovery of the Year” and awarded 15 Gault Millau points.
- 2005 edition of the Michelin Guide: Honored with the first Michelin star.
- 2006 Edition of the Gault Millau Guide: Awarded 16 Gault Millau points.
- 2007 edition of the Gault-Millau-Guide: named “As a climber of the year” and awarded 17 Gault-Millau points.
- In the 2008 edition of Gault-Millau, Caminada is named “Chef of the Year” and awarded 18 Gault-Millau points. In the same year he was named “Chef of the Year” in Switzerland in the Bertelsmann Guide .
- 2008 edition of the Michelin Guide: Honored with two Michelin stars
- In 2010 edition of the Gault Millau Guide, he was named “Chef of the Year” for the second time and was awarded 19 points for the first time.
- 2011 edition of the Michelin Guide: Caminadas Restaurant receives its third Michelin star at the age of 34.
- In 2011, Schloss Schauenstein made it to 23rd place on the S. Pellegrino World's 50 Best Restaurants list .
- 2012 The Schlemmer Atlas gave him the top mark of 5 cooking spoons, making him one of the “Top Chefs of the Year”.
- 2012 “Bündner des Jahres” award from the canton of Graubünden (Switzerland) and recognition award from the canton of Graubünden
- 2016 "Eckart 2016 for great culinary art".
- In 2017, it was ranked second in the “Top100 + European Restaurants” of the US restaurant rating portal OAD
- 2018 number 47 in the "World's 50 Best Restaurants" list
- 2018 International Honorary Gourmet Trophy from the Austrian magazine "A La Carte" for Andreas Caminada, Schloss Schauenstein
- 2018 Award as "Best Restaurant in Europe" by being ranked number 1 of the "Top100 + European Restaurants" by the US restaurant rating portal OAD
In 2013 he was a guest judge on the Sat.1 chef casting show The Taste . In December 2014 and March 2019 he made guest appearances on Kitchen Impossible (VOX).
- Website of the Schloss Hotel Restaurant Schauenstein
- Silvia Schaub, Sandro Brotz : "I am a Betty Bossi child." Interview in: The Sunday of December 24th, 2011
- Short TV portrait
- Presentation of the Uccelin Foundation
- IGNIV by Andreas Caminada
- Interview with Andreas Caminada about the young generation of top Swiss chefs, colleagues and employees as well as his new IGNIV restaurant in Bad Ragaz.
- ↑ Portrait of Andreas Caminada on bongusto.org
- ^ Andreas Caminada
- ↑ Schloss Schauenstein ( English ) The World's 50 Best Restaurants. Retrieved January 9, 2019.
- ↑ remisa
- ↑ bookazine
- ↑ acasacatering ( Memento of the original from August 26, 2017 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- ↑ igniv
- ↑ uccelin
- ↑ partner
- ↑ Audi
- ↑ gault & millau
- ↑ otellerie-gastronomie.ch: Caminada is on holiday for five months
- ↑ The successful one. ( Page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. In: The Sunday of December 24th, 2011
- ↑ A matter for the boss
- ↑ DRS
- ↑ S.Pellegrino World's 50 Best. Archived from the original on January 17, 2013 ; accessed on February 1, 2016 .
- ^ Schloss Schauenstein in Gourmet Olympus
- ↑ Schlemmer Atlas Top Chefs of the Year
- ↑ Press.bmagroup
- ↑ The World's 50 Best. Retrieved August 7, 2018 .
- ↑ That was the Trophée Gourmet 2018. Retrieved on August 7, 2018 .
- ↑ Europe's best restaurants: Schloss Schauenstein ranked number 1 in the OAD Top 100+ European Restaurants List 2018. Accessed on August 7, 2018 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Swiss chef|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 6, 1977|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Ilanz|