City of Coswig (Anhalt)
|Height :||100 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||6.75 km²|
|Residents :||155 (December 31, 2008)|
|Population density :||23 inhabitants / km²|
|Incorporation :||January 1, 2010|
|Postal code :||06862|
|Area code :||034907|
Bräsen in the southwest of the Fläming lies in the valley of the Rossel . This small river has its source about 9 km east of Bräsen and flows into the Elbe . The area is very wooded, the terrain is characterized by rolling hills. The trade mountains southwest of Bräsen reach 119 m above sea level. NN .
The oldest written mention as Brizene comes from 1307, 1326 Brezin is recorded. The place name comes from the Sorbian word breza (cf. Obersorb. Brěza ) for "birch".
On January 1, 2010, the previously independent municipality of Bräsen was incorporated into the city of Coswig (Anhalt) together with the municipality of Stackelitz .
- The federal road 187a from Zerbst to Coswig (Anhalt) leads through the neighboring village of Hundeluft, three kilometers away .
- The Köselitz motorway junction ( A 9 Berlin - Munich) is 8 km away .
- In Thießen and Jeber-Bergfrieden , about 6 km away, there is a rail connection to the Dessau-Roßlau - Potsdam - Berlin line ( Kanonenbahn / KBS 207).
- Ernst Eichler : Slavic place names between Saale and Neisse. Volume I, VEB Domowina-Verlag, Bautzen 1985, p. 59
- StBA: Area changes from January 01 to December 31, 2010