Federal railway assets
Federal Railroad Assets
|legal form||unincorporated special fund|
|Supervisory authority||Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure|
|Authority management||Marie-Theres Nonn , President|
The Federal Railroad Assets (BEV) arose from the Railway Reorganization Act (ENeuOG) of December 27, 1993 as an unincorporated special fund of the Federal Republic of Germany with its own economic and accounting management (law on the merger and reorganization of the federal railways). The process belongs to the first stage of the so-called railway reform .
President Marie-Theres Nonn has headed the BEV since August 1, 2009 . 750 employees work in the main administration and the offices of the BEV, including those with service leasing contracts, the BEV employs a total of around 1,900 people. The economic management (business plan volume currently around € 8 billion) is subject to approval reservations by the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure (BMVI) in agreement with the Federal Ministry of Finance . The pension costs of the BEV amount to 5.5 billion euros per year and are financed by the federal government.
The federal railway assets are organized in two stages.
- The main administration is based in the federal city of Bonn .
The authority acts as an employer for the federal railway officials assigned to Deutsche Bahn AG or on leave. It takes care of around 173,000 beneficiaries. The BEV manages and exploits the real estate that is not required for the railway. It oversees the medical service (railway doctors) - not to be confused with the company doctors of DB AG.
The following company social institutions of the Federal Railroad and Reichsbahn were or will be continued by the BEV:
- Health care for federal railway officials (KVB)
- Foundation family Bahn-Sozialwerk (BSW) & Eisenbahn-Orisenhort (EWH) . Until August 31, 2018: Foundation Bahn-Sozialwerk ( BSW ).
- Railway Housing Companies (EEC)
- Railway house fire supply , part of BSW & EWH since 2004.
- Railway insurance company , part of the Knappschaft-Bahn-See pension scheme since 2005 .
- Bahn-Betriebskrankenkasse ( BAHN-BKK ), independent since December 1st, 1998, d. H. no longer part of the federal railway assets.
There are the following recognized self-help institutions of the BEV:
- Railway Orphanage Foundation (EWH)
- Railway Agriculture (BLw)
- Association of German Railway Sports Clubs (VDES)
- Railway Central Office Against Alcohol Risks (BZAL)
- DEVK (insurance)
- Sparda banks
- Railway housing cooperatives (EBG)
The BEV also has responsibilities in the real estate area , in particular the management and exploitation of former railway properties that are not required for operations and that have been transferred to the BEV by the ENeuOG.
In addition, parts of the German railway infrastructure located on Swiss territory on the Basel connecting railway , the Rhine Valley Railway , the Wiesental Railway and the Hochrheinbahn have not been transferred to the administration of DB Netz AG as part of the railway reform , but are still directly subject to the federal railway assets.
In the course of the so-called railway reform in 2001, the 18 railway housing companies with a total of 65,000 units were sold to various buyers in a bidding process - except for a share of 5.1 percent, which remained with the BEV. This resulted in net proceeds of DM 4.615 billion for the federal budget. The railway workers 'unions and the German Tenants' Association protested in vain against the privatization, but obtained assurance that housing welfare would continue to be maintained as a corporate social facility of the railway.
- ^ Die Bahnreform ( Memento of March 3, 2013 in the Internet Archive ), accessed on April 4, 2013
- ↑ About Us ( Memento from October 15, 2014 in the Internet Archive ), accessed on November 14, 2014.
- ↑ About us - the federal railway assets. Retrieved June 24, 2020 .
- ↑ At the turnout of madness . In: Süddeutsche Zeitung , No. 11, 15./16. January 2011, p. 27.
- ↑ Federal Railroad Assets - Company Social Facilities. Retrieved October 1, 2019 .
- ↑ Federal Railroad Assets - Former social and self-help institutions. Retrieved October 1, 2019 .
- ↑ http://www.bev.bund.de/DE/Sozialeinrichtungen/Selbsthilfeeinrichtungen/selbsthilfeeinrichtungen_node.html
- ↑ Federal Railroad Assets - Overview. Retrieved October 1, 2019 .
- ↑ Privatization of the railway housing associations of the federal railway assets. Retrieved March 29, 2013 .