Fritz Felgentreu (born September 1, 1968 in Kiel ) is a German politician , classical philologist and teacher . He was district chairman of the SPD in Berlin-Neukölln for ten years and was deputy state chairman of the Berlin SPD . In 2013 and 2017 he was directly elected to the 18th and 19th German Bundestag . Since 2014 he has been chairman of the Berlin regional association of the Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgräberfürsorge and since November 2015 chairman of the German-Moldovan forum. In June 2020, he announced that he would not run again in the upcoming election to the German Bundestag .
Life and work
Felgentreu graduated from high school in Büsum in 1987 and then served in the German Armed Forces for two years . From 1989 to 1995 he studied Classical Philology , Slavic Studies and Psychology at the Free University of Berlin and received his doctorate in 1998 under Widu-Wolfgang Ehlers . From 1998 to 2008 he was a research assistant at the Institute for Classical Philology at the Free University of Berlin. In July 2008 , Felgentreu completed his habilitation in classical and neo-Latin philology. In the 2008/2009 winter semester, he represented the Chair of Greek Studies at the Ruhr-Universität Bochum , the Bochum Chair for Latin in the 2011/12 winter semester and was visiting professor of Latin at the Free University of Berlin in the 2012 summer semester. From 2010 until his election to the Bundestag in 2013, Fritz Felgentreu was also a teacher of Latin and ancient Greek at the Evangelical Gymnasium at the Gray Monastery in Berlin.
Felgentreu deals with poetry and rhetoric close to the state of late antiquity , especially the writings of Claudian and Libanios , as well as Christian Kabbalistic and pansophy of the early modern period ( Johannes Reuchlin ) and Heinrich Rantzau and the history of Dithmarschens . In 2011 Felgentreu translated the little book written in Latin by the classical philologist Harry C. Schnur (C. Arrius Nurus) from Berlin : Vallum Berolinense. Menippea , in which the author describes the construction of the Berlin Wall he witnessed on August 13, 1961 . The volume was published by the Berlin House of Representatives .
Felgentreu is a reserve officer in the Bundeswehr, since September 30, 2015 in the rank of captain .
Memberships and party offices
Felgentreu has been a member of the SPD since 1992. He was Juso district chairman of Berlin-Neukölln and from 2004 to 2014 district chairman of the SPD in Neukölln. From June 2012 to April 2016 he was Deputy State Chairman of the Berlin SPD . He is a member of the education and science union , the German Armed Forces Association , the Arbeiterwohlfahrt , the Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund , the Mommsen-Gesellschaft , the German Classical Philology Association , Philologia e. V. and in the Colloquium Psychoanalysis. Since March 24, 2014, Felgentreu has been chairman of the Berlin regional association of the Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgräberfürsorge and since November 2015 chairman of the German-Moldovan Forum e. V.
From 2001 to 2011, Felgentreu was directly elected member of the constituency 2 ( Hermannstrasse ) in the Berlin House of Representatives. There he was a member of the Committee on Home Affairs, Security and Order, the Committee on the Protection of the Constitution, the Subcommittee on Data Protection and the Committee on Legal Affairs and Constitutional Affairs. He was also the legal policy spokesman for his group. Since October 2006 ( 16th electoral term ) Felgentreu was deputy parliamentary group leader. He was also on the Board of Trustees of the Humboldt University in Berlin . Until 2010 he was a member of the supervisory board of the Liegenschaftsfonds Berlin .
On February 21, 2009 he was elected as a direct candidate for the Bundestag election on September 27, 2009 by the Neukölln district association of the SPD . He ran for election in the Berlin-Neukölln constituency , but was defeated by Stefanie Vogelsang ( CDU ).
On February 16, 2013, the Neukölln SPD again presented him as a direct candidate in the Neukölln constituency for the elections to the 18th German Bundestag on September 22, 2013. He won this constituency with 32.3% of the vote and thus entered the 18th German Bundestag .
In January 2014, Felgentreu became a full member of the Defense Committee and a member of the Committee on Family, Seniors, Women and Youth . He was also secretary of the Bundestag. In May 2015, Felgentreu was elected deputy spokesman for the security and defense policy working group of the SPD parliamentary group.
In the Committee for Family, Seniors, Women and Youth , he was responsible for various family benefits , among other things. These include, for example , parental allowance , parental allowance plus , child benefit , child allowances as well as child allowance and the advance maintenance payment . Other key topics were family working hours, the care and educational infrastructure, international youth exchanges, the concerns of single-parent families or families raising separately, and violence against women .
In the Defense Committee , Felgentreu was primarily responsible for the attractiveness of the Bundeswehr as an employer . These included, for example, topics such as the compatibility of family and service, social affairs and family care. Furthermore, the working hours, career law, salary and promotion, social security as well as training and further education within the Bundeswehr were of particular importance in his work. In a budgetary manner, he reported on the obligations arising from membership of NATO and other international organizations. Regionally, his focus was on the new federal states and the former CIS states , such as Ukraine , Georgia and the Republic of Moldova .
On January 21, 2017, the Neukölln SPD put him up again as a direct candidate in the Neukölln constituency for the elections to the 19th German Bundestag on September 24, 2017. Fritz Felgentreu won the direct mandate in the Bundestag election with 26.8% and thus moved back into the German Bundestag. Since January 2018 he has been defense policy spokesman for the SPD parliamentary group and chairman of the SPD in the 1st parliamentary committee of inquiry ( terrorist attack on the Christmas market on Breitscheidplatz ).
In the 19th German Bundestag , Felgentreu is the chairman of the defense committee . He is also represented as a deputy member of the Committee on Education, Research and Technology Assessment .
In June 2020, he announced that he would not run again in the upcoming election to the German Bundestag .
- Claudians praefationes . Conditions, descriptions and effects of a poetic small form . Stuttgart / Leipzig 1999 (contributions to antiquity 130)
- Johannes Reuchlin : Complete Works. Volume II, 1: De arte cabalistica libri tres (1517). Latin text, German translation, proof of position, register, editorial additions, ed. by Widu-Wolfgang Ehlers and Fritz Felgentreu. Berlin edition (BA), Stuttgart 2010
- Heinrich Rantzau [Christianus Cilicius Cimber]: Belli Dithmarsici vera descriptio. True description of the Dithmarsch war . translated, edited and introduced by Fritz Felgentreu, Schleswig 2009 (Publications of the Schleswig-Holstein State Archives 86)
- Johann Lorenz Schmidlin : Pictura docens. Critical Edition . Latin and German, ed. and us. by Fritz Felgentreu and Widu-Wolfgang Ehlers, Stuttgart 2006 (Clavis Pansophiae 4)
- with Widu-Wolfgang Ehlers and Stephen Wheeler (eds.): Aetas Claudianea. A conference at the Free University of Berlin from June 28 to 30, 2002. KG Saur, Munich 2004, ISBN 978-3-598-73020-7 .
- Literature by and about Fritz Felgentreu in the catalog of the German National Library
- Homepage of Fritz Felgentreu
- Biography at the German Bundestag
- Fritz Felgentreu on parliament watch.de
- Portrait of Fritz Felgentreu in the Berliner Zeitung , September 23, 2013
- Berlin House of Representatives - Biography ( Memento from December 31, 2010 in the Internet Archive )
- Fritz Felgentreu at the Institute for Classical Philology at the Free University of Berlin
- Forum ›German-Moldovan Forum. Retrieved April 11, 2017 .
- No new candidacy in the 2021 federal election
- Volksbund Landesverband Berlin
- The RegionalOfficer for Berlin - Bundestag election 2013 - Applicants elected directly. Retrieved September 26, 2017 .
- Members of the Defense Committee ( Memento from May 18, 2015 in the Internet Archive ), bundestag.de, online, accessed on September 18, 2014
- Hans-Peter Bartels is the Bundestag's new defense commissioner , spdfraktion.de, online, accessed on May 21, 2015
- Family & Education - Dr. Fritz Felgentreu Member of the Bundestag. Retrieved April 11, 2017 .
- Security & Defense - Dr. Fritz Felgentreu Member of the Bundestag. Retrieved April 11, 2017 .
- Election as candidate for the 2017 Bundestag election - Dr. Fritz Felgentreu Member of the Bundestag. Retrieved March 25, 2017 .
- Bundestag election 2017 Berlin - 82 - Berlin-Neukölln - overview. Retrieved September 26, 2017 .
- German Bundestag - Biographies. Retrieved May 10, 2020 .
- No new candidacy in the 2021 federal election
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German classical philologist and politician (SPD)|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1st September 1968|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Kiel|