Gabriele Hooffacker (born February 10, 1959 in Munich ) is a German journalist and journalism teacher. She teaches at the University of Technology, Economics and Culture in Leipzig . Her work and research focuses on online media, interactive and participatory formats in journalism, and digital teaching and learning media.
Gabriele Hooffacker studied German, history and economics at the Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich . During this time she worked for the Monumenta Germaniae Historica . In 1986 she received her doctorate with a thesis on single-sheet prints of the 17th century.
Together with Peter Lokk and others, she founded a mailbox network for environmental, women's, peace and human rights groups in 1987 (from 1991: CL-Netz ). In 1998 she published the “Online Guide Women and Networks”, together with Rena Tangens , on the subject of androcentrism on the Internet. In 1997 the “Online Guide Politics and Society” appeared together with Peter Lokk, in which she documented right-wing extremist activities on the Internet . In 1997 she and Peter Lokk received the first prize from the Society for Media Education (GMK) . In 1999 she founded the Munich Journalism Academy .
As a journalist, she works for the online magazines Carta , Telepolis and onlinejournalismus.de as well as the specialist magazine “Journalist”. Before that she wrote for the computer magazines c't , PC Professionell or PC Direkt and the magazines Stern or Focus . Your non-fiction books published in some media and Internet to Rowohlt publishing house in Econ or Springer VS .
Gabriele Hooffacker founded the Journalist Academy in Munich in 1999 , which is a member of MedienCampus Bayern , the umbrella organization for media education and training in Bavaria. She teaches online journalism at the Leipzig School of Media , in editorial offices and companies. Since 2006 she has published the journalism series Journalistische Praxis together with Walther von La Roche (1936–2010) . She has been running the book series at Econ Verlag since 2010, and at Springer VS as the sole editor since 2013 . Together with Horst Pöttker , Tanjev Schultz , Bernhard Debatin and Petra Herczeg she publishes the online journal " Journalistik - Zeitschrift für Journalismusforschung".
Gabriele Hooffacker is a member of the German Society for Journalism and Communication Studies and on the jury of the Alternative Media Prize .
- (together with Klaus Meier ): La Roche's introduction to practical journalism: With a detailed description of all training paths Germany · Austria · Switzerland , Springer VS, Wiesbaden 2017, ISBN 978-3-658-16657-1 (= journalistic practice )
- (together with Marc Liesching ): Agenda setting at ARD and ZDF? Analysis of political broadcasts prior to the 2017 federal election. Otto Brenner Foundation , Frankfurt am Main 2019
- (together with Wolfgang Wissensemich and Uwe Kulisch): The new public. How bots, citizens and big data are changing journalism. Springer VS , Wiesbaden 2018, ISBN 978-3-658-20808-0
- (together with Cornelia Wolf): Technical innovations - media innovations? Challenges for communicators, concepts and user research. Springer VS , Wiesbaden 2016, ISBN 9783658149536
- Online journalism: copywriting and designing for the Internet. A manual for training and practice , 4th edition, Springer VS , Wiesbaden 2015, series: Journalistische Praxis , ISBN 978-3-658-10771-0 .
- (together with Peter Lokk): Practical Press Work Manual for Media Relations , Econ, Berlin 2011, Series: Journalistische Praxis , ISBN 978-3-430-20119-3 .
- (together with Peter Lokk): We make newspapers in a handbook for journalism to make yourself , Steidl , Göttingen 1989, ISBN 3-88243-130-X .
- Literature by and about Gabriele Hooffacker in the catalog of the German National Library
- Professorship at the HTWK Leipzig
- Gabriele Hooffacker in the journalistic practice series
- Source: Website journalistik.online , Herbert von Halem Verlag, accessed March 9, 2018
- Website with more information on La Roche's Introduction to Practical Journalism
- Info and free download , accessed April 27, 2019
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German journalist and internet pioneer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 10, 1959|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Munich|