KIT SC Karlsruhe (basketball team)
|KIT SC Karlsruhe (basketball team)|
|Nickname||Arvato College Wizards|
|Hall||Sports hall 1 IfSS
|executive Director||Zoran Seatovic|
2. Bundesliga ProB
KIT SC Karlsruhe is a basketball team from Karlsruhe . The team, which was founded in 2010, is operated by ProBa Sports GmbH. In the 2017/18 season, Karlsruhe played in the 2nd Bundesliga ProB . The return came in 2020. Since summer 2018, the team has been running under the name Arvato College Wizards following the sale of the naming rights .
The team emerged from the TV Rastatt-Rheinau in 1919 - under the club name they were still officially listed in the table of the first Regionalliga Südwest in the 2010/11 season, but unofficially called themselves PSK Gequos Karlsruhe. PSK stood for Post Südstadt Karlsruhe, and there was a cooperation with the association that particularly extended to youth work.
In 2011 the "Gequos" agreed to work with the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), the team name was then changed to KIT SC Karlsruhe. With the closed cooperation with KIT, the goal was set to be promoted to the 2nd Bundesliga ProB in the "foreseeable future" . In the 2011/12 regional league season, the team competed for the first time under the new name KIT SC Karlsruhe.
In the summer of 2012 the "Gequos" entered into a cooperation with the SSC Karlsruhe, and a cooperation was also decided with the TV Mühlacker.
For the 2015/16 season, the American Jaivon Harris took over the position of head coach. Harris had previously been an assistant coach.
The 2016/17 season ended with 19 wins and seven defeats as runner-up in the first Regionalliga Südwest. Zoran Seatovic, managing director of the operating company ProBa Sports GmbH, spoke of the "most successful season in our young club history". Since Master Schwenningen was refused the license by the 2nd Bundesliga basketball league, KIT SC Karlsruhe received the right to participate in the 2017/18 season in the 2nd Bundesliga ProB. In the summer of 2017, the Karlsruhe team agreed to work with the Bundesliga club MHP Riesen Ludwigsburg in order to provide young Ludwigsburg players with additional playing experience at KIT SC through double licenses.
At the end of the points round of the 2017/18 season, the Karlsruhe team were in the bottom of the table in the southern season of the 2nd Bundesliga ProB. Relegation was missed in the following round of relegation. In the summer of 2018, the team dropped the nickname Gequos and sold the name to a financial service provider: From then on, the Karlsruhe team took on the role of Arvato College Wizards . In the summer of 2019 there was a change of coach: Jaivon Harris left Karlsruhe for personal reasons, the long-time junior national coach Kay Blümel took over the position as his successor. In the 2019/20 season, which ended prematurely due to the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus, the Karlsruhe champions of the 1st Regionalliga South-West. Trainer Blümel announced his departure in June 2020 for professional reasons. At the beginning of July 2020, the return to the 2nd Bundesliga ProB was confirmed with the granting of the right to participate. Blümel's successor as coach was the Irishman Daniel Nelson.
End of season placements
- 2010/11 (1st regional league): 3rd place
- 2011/12 (1st regional league): 6th place
- 2012/13 (1st regional league): 3rd place
- 2013/14 (1st regional league): 4th place
- 2014/15 (1st regional league): 4th place
- 2015/16 (1st regional league): 5th place
- 2016/17 (1st regional league): 2nd place
- 2017/18 (2. Bundesliga ProB): 12th place (points round), 4th place (relegation round)
- 2018/19 (1st regional league): 3rd place
- 2019/20 (1st regional league): 1st place
|Term of office||Surname|
|since 2020||Daniel Nelson|
- until 2018: KIT SC Karlsruhe
- since 2018: Arvato College Wizards
The team plays their home games in sports hall 1 of the Karlsruhe Institute of Sport and Sports Science (IfSS).
- Bernd Zeyer: The rematch should succeed without great pressure. (No longer available online.) Stuttgarter-Zeitung.de, January 15, 2011, formerly in the original ; accessed on June 13, 2017 . ( Page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- http://www.schoenen-dunk.de/news_a68713_Regionalliga_GEQUOS-ver Himstedt.htm
- Archive link ( Memento of the original dated August 2, 2017 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Archived copy ( memento of the original dated February 26, 2018 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Archived copy ( memento of the original from April 2, 2018 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- https://www.kitsc-basketball.de/arvato-college-wizards/news/magischer-wandel-am-kit-kit-sc-gequos- wizards
- KIT SC Basketball :: Regionalliga gives the green light: Wizards are allowed to advance in ProB and are champions. Retrieved April 22, 2020 .
- Licensing and division into leagues for the 2020/21 season have been determined. In: 2. Basketball Bundesliga. Accessed July 3, 2020 (German).
- Archived copy ( memento of the original from June 26, 2017 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.