State constituency of Wiener Neustadt
|Constituency 19: Wiener Neustadt|
|Seat of the electoral authority||Wiener Neustadt|
|Number of mandates||4th|
|Eligible voters||95,918 (2008)|
|Election date||March 9, 2008|
The Wiener Neustadt constituency (constituency 19, until the dissolution of the Vienna-Umgebung district on January 1, 2017, constituency 20) is a constituency in Lower Austria that includes the city of Wiener Neustadt and the political district Wiener Neustadt-Land . In the state elections in 2008 , the Austrian People's Party (ÖVP) emerged as the strongest party with 50.52%. Of the maximum of four basic mandates to be awarded, the ÖVP was able to book two basic mandates and the Social Democratic Party of Austria (SPÖ) one basic mandate.
Lower Austria was divided into four constituencies until 1992, with the Wiener Neustadt district belonging to the district of the district under the Vienna Woods . With the state election order of 1992, the number of constituencies was increased to 21 and the city of Wiener Neustadt was combined with the Wiener Neustadt-Land district to form one constituency. After the creation of the constituency, the SPÖ still achieved a relative majority in the constituency in 1993, but the ÖVP succeeded in gaining a relative majority in the 1998 state elections. With the state elections in 2008 she achieved an absolute majority. Of the four mandates to be awarded, the SPÖ and ÖVP were able to book one mandate each for themselves in the state elections in 1993 and 1998; since 2003 the ÖVP has had two mandates, the SPÖ one basic mandate.
|State elections in the Wiener Neustadt constituency|
|May 16, 1993||Votes (%)||35.58||42.32||12.13||2.69||5.79||1.49|
|March 22, 1998||Votes (%)||37.65||37.63||17.05||3.44||2.12||2.11|
|March 30, 2003||Votes (%)||48.63||39.98||3.83||6.12||-||1.45|
|March 9, 2008||Votes (%)||50.52||29.01||12.04||5.71||-||2.71|
|January 28, 2018||Votes (%)|
- State of Lower Austria Result of the 2008 state elections
- Lower Austrian DistrictLaw. Article 2 November 16, 2015, accessed January 5, 2017 .
- Election statistics. The elections in the federal states since 1945. S. 379–390 or  state election results in Lower Austria
- Number of basic mandates in the Wiener Neustadt constituency
- Liaison office of the federal states at the office of the Lower Austrian provincial government: election statistics. The elections in the federal states since 1945. National Council and state parliaments. 8th edition, Vienna 1994
- State election results in Lower Austria on the website of the Province of Lower Austria