|German title||Mr. Selfridge|
|Original title||Mr. Selfridge|
|Country of production||United Kingdom|
|Episodes||40 in 4 seasons|
|First broadcast||January 6, 2013 (UK) on ITV|
|April 3, 2014 on Sony Entertainment Television|
Mr Selfridge is a British drama series about Harry Gordon Selfridge and his London department store Selfridge & Co, starring Jeremy Piven . The series project is based on the book Shopping, Seduction and Mr Selfridge by Lindy Woodhead . The series was created by Andrew Davies . Chrissy Skinns is the producer, while Kate Lewis is executive producer. Directed by Jon Jones, who worked for Downton Abbey . As a production studio, ITV Studios is behind the series.
The broadcast of the series ended with the finale of the fourth season on ITV on March 11, 2016. In Germany, the series was always first broadcast on Sony Entertainment Television. The fourth season will be broadcast there from August 23, 2016. The free TV broadcast of the first two seasons in Germany took place from November 23 to December 29, 2014 on ZDFneo .
The television series Mr. Selfridge is about the establishment of a luxury department store in London by the American Harry Selfridge. The plot extends so far from 1908-1910 (season 1), through 1914 (season 2) and 1918-1919 (season 3) to 1928 (season 4).
Cast and dubbing
Juliane Frisse of pulse noticed that were "the stars not the actor but the pompous Department Store and the period costumes", but missed "fine intellectual wit and razor-sharp punch lines, wrapped in an old-fashioned expression." For Marcel Pohlig of DWDL.de is the series “worth seeing”. The “impressive pictures” and the brilliant “acting by Jeremy Piven” are praised. Ulrike Frenkel from the Stuttgarter Zeitung criticizes the fact that "many thin narrative strands are woven into a colorful, yet not exactly surprising braid" and still considers the television series to be an "interesting TV change from the eternal crime thrillers on all channels".
- Mr Selfridge in theInternet Movie Database(English)
- Mr. Selfridge on zdf.de
- Episode lists and broadcast dates at fernsehserien.de
- ↑ Mr. Selfridge - An American opens a shopping mall in London . In: Serienjunkies.de . Retrieved June 30, 2014.
- ↑ Bernd Krannich: "Mr Selfridge": Jeremy Piven's series comes to an end on Sony Entertainment TV . In: Wishlist.de . June 16, 2016. Retrieved June 16, 2016.
- ↑ a b Ulrike Frenkel: The British series “Mr. Selfridge “The inventor of the clearance sale , Stuttgarter Zeitung , November 21, 2014
- ↑ Mr. Selfridge: ZDFneo shows retro series in November the evening before on serienjunkies.de
- ↑ Mr. Selfridge on fernsehserien.de
- ↑ Mr. Selfridge. In: synchronkartei.de. German synchronous file , accessed on December 31, 2014 .
- ^ Juliane Frisse: TV & Series // Mr. Selfridge Stories from the Shopping Temple ( Memento from March 4, 2016 in the Internet Archive ), br.de, April 2, 2014
- ↑ Made in Europe: "Mr Selfridge": ITV celebrates department store history , dwdl.de, August 10, 2014