Serban-Dan Costa (* 1955 in Oradea , Romania ) is a German gynecologist and obstetrician .
Serban-Dan Costa was born in Oradea ( German : Großwardein) in Transylvania in 1955 . He spent his school days from 1962 to 1966 at the elementary school and from 1966 to 1974 at the Liceul de Culturã Generalã high school No. 2 in Oradea. From 1975 to 1977 Costa then attended the Goethe School in Neu-Isenburg / Hessen . After graduating from high school , which he completed with a grade of 1.6, Serban-Dan Costa studied medicine at the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main from 1977 to 1984 . His practical year (PJ) specialist in internal medicine , he completed 1983-84 with the support of a DAAD - scholarship at the University of Florida Medical School in the United States . He performed surgery and urology at the city hospital in Höchst am Main .
After the state examination in 1984, Costa began working as a research assistant at the Center for Teaching and Research of the Basel Cantonal Hospital at the University of Basel . In 1985 he was at the University of Frankfurt with the dissertation Effects of methylphenidate in hyperkinetic children with minimal cerebral dysfunction - physiological and biochemical aspects. PhD under the pharmacologist Dieter Palm with the title magna cum laude . From 1986 to 1987, Costa worked as an assistant doctor at the Department of Surgery at the Cantonal Hospital in Basel, before moving to the University Women's Clinic at the Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg in 1987 . There he completed his specialist training in gynecology and obstetrics, which he completed in May 1993. In July of the same year he was appointed senior physician at the clinic. Two years later, in July 1995, Costa moved to the Frankfurt University Women's Clinic as a senior physician. On January 15, 1998 , he completed his habilitation in gynecology and obstetrics at the human medicine department at the University of Frankfurt with the thesis Zyklin D1, cyclin-dependent kinases (p16, p21, p27) and tumor suppressor genes p53 in primary breast cancer - growth regulation and prognosis. In the same year he was appointed Senior Physician at the Center for Gynecology and Obstetrics, and in December 1999 Senior Physician and Deputy Director. Serban-Dan Costa held these functions until March 2002.
In April 2002 he moved to the Markus Hospital in Frankfurt am Main as Senior Consultant and designated chief physician successor . There he completed the facultative advanced training in Operative Gynecology in June 2002 . In January 2004, Costa then moved to the specialist clinic for oncology Bad Trissl in Oberaudorf as the medical director and chief physician of the women's clinic . There he met Joachim Bischoff, who had worked there since May 1995, first as senior physician in the gynecological department, later as medical director and chief physician of the department for oncological rehabilitation, until 2005 at the facility.
After retirement of Wolfgang way in 2004 Serban Dan Costa was appointed as his successor, and in November 2004 to lead the Department of Gynecology at the Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg entrusted. Joachim Bischoff followed him to Magdeburg in July 2005 as managing senior physician . Gunther Bastert took over the management of gynecology at the Bad Trissl clinic .
Serban-Dan Costa is active as a water polo player , played temporarily in the German Water Polo League , is a member of the executive committee and was president of the Magdeburg Water Polo Union .
Costa is married and has one son.
- Serban-Dan Costa: Effects of methylphenidate in hyperkinetic children with minimal cerebral dysfunction - physiological and biochemical aspects. Dissertation , Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt am Main , 1985
- Serban-Dan Costa: Cyclin D1, cyclin-dependent kinases (p16, p21, p27) and tumor suppressor genes p53 in primary breast cancer - growth regulation and prognosis. Habilitation thesis , Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt am Main , 1998
- Kerstin Wollschlaeger, E.-M. Grischke, Gunther Bastert , Serban-Dan Costa: Therapy of breast cancer. In: Oncology. ecomed, Landsberg / Lech 2006, pp. 1–41, ISBN 3-609-76300-0
- Kathrin Wohlfarth, Serban-Dan Costa: Coding Guide Gynecology and Obstetrics - Version 2008. Schüling, Münster 2008, ISBN 978-3-86523-092-8
- Gerhard Jorch , Serban-Dan Costa: Birth traumatic injuries. In: Neonatology. Thieme, Stuttgart 2010, ISBN 978-3-13-146071-4 , pp. 56-69
- Manfred Kaufmann , Serban-Dan Costa, Anton Scharl: The gynecology. Springer, 3rd edition, Berlin 2013, ISBN 978-3-642-20922-2
- Joachim Bischoff, Serban-Dan Costa: Nanotechnology in Breast Cancer - Basics and Current Perspectives. Uni-Med, Bremen 2013, ISBN 978-3-8374-2252-8 *
- October 10, 1997 - Honorary doctorate from the Victor Babeș Timișoara Medical and Pharmaceutical University ( Romania )
- August 5, 2009 - Visiting professor for gynecology and obstetrics at the Medical Faculty of the University of Novi Sad ( Serbia )
- Member of numerous national and international specialist societies
- Member of the lead commission of the German Breast Group (GBG) study group
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Clinical Oncology (official body of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO))
- Prof. Dr. med. Dr. hc Serban-Dan Costa (PDF; 26 kB)
- Introduced: Prof. Dr. med. Dr. hc Serban-Dan Costa. University Hospital internal 3/2005, p. 10
- Serban-Dan Costa on the website of the city marketing "Pro Magdeburg" e. V.
- Serban-Dan Costa , tabular curriculum vitae on the website of Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg
- Appointment as visiting professor , Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg
- Serban-Dan Costa in the research portal Saxony-Anhalt
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German gynecologist and obstetrician|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1955|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Oradea , Romania|