Calendar overview 275
|Tacitus becomes the new emperor of the Roman Empire .|
|275 in other calendars|
|Buddhist calendar||818/819 (southern Buddhism); 817/818 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||49th (50th) cycle , year of the wood-sheep乙未 ( at the beginning of the year wood-horse 甲午)|
|Greek calendar||2nd / 3rd Year of the 263rd Olympiad|
|Jewish calendar||4035/36 (September 8/9)|
|Roman calendar||from urbe condita MXXVIII (1028)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 585/586 (New Year April); Syria: 586/587 (New Year October)|
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||331/332 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- Imperial crisis of the 3rd century in the Roman Empire : The Roman Emperor Aurelian , who is preparing a campaign against the weakened Sassanid Empire , is murdered by his own troops in his camp in Caenophrurium, today's Çorlu .
- September 25th : Tacitus is elected as the new emperor of the Roman Empire. He appoints his brother Florianus as Praetorian prefect .
- Goths invade Asia Minor from the Black Sea. They claim to have been requested by Aurelian for his campaign against the Sassanid Empire . As more Franks cross the Rhine at the same time , Florianus takes over the fighting in the north, while Emperor Tacitus travels to Syria to face the Goths.
- An attack by the Alemanni causes severe damage in the city of Augusta Treverorum , today's Trier .
- January 4th : Eutychianus is elected the new Bishop of Rome . He is the successor of Felix I, who died in 274 .