Construction occupation or building trade is the generic term for occupations in the main construction trade , the main area of which is the construction and maintenance of structures , construction projects and buildings .
The term construction worker or building craftsman is commonly used for all people who work on a construction site or are involved in construction. However, the designation construction worker is not a training occupation or a fixed occupational title. Construction occupations are usually classified in the category of craft occupations , as the characteristics correspond to those of a craft occupation . However, there are also exceptions to occupations that are construction occupations, but not craft occupations. One example is the occupation of construction equipment operator , as although a contribution is made to construction projects in the job, no manual work is carried out with tools or stationary machines, but (in this case) with construction vehicles . Scientifically, construction professions are mainly based on technology , or geometry and physics . In various professional fields, including biology and chemistry .
According to Renzsch, the journeymen experienced in the 19th century "the transition to capitalist production of goods in the building trade as the disintegration of the class craft." . "
- Buildings ( walls , windows , roofs , doors , furniture and interior fittings, etc.)
- Roadways , paths and bridges
- Supply systems ( pipes , hydrants , wells . Plants etc.)
Examples of construction trades
Construction trades for building and property equipment
- Civil engineering workers
- Building construction workers
- Drywall fitter
- Flat glass mechanic
- Electronics technician for industrial engineering
- Plant mechanic
- Pipeline builder
- Gardeners and landscapers
- Well builder
- Specialist civil engineering
Construction trades for roadways
Non-manual construction occupations
Non-manual construction professions for planning, designing and managing construction projects
- Technical illustrator
- Engineer occupations in the construction sector (e.g. civil engineer or electrical engineer )
- Site manager / site manager
- Hans-Heinrich Bass , Workers and Employment Conditions in the Construction Industry in Germany, 1850–1914 , Münster 1975.
- Wolfgang Renzsch, craftsman and wage laborer in the early labor movement , Göttingen: Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, 1980. ISBN 3-525-35700-1 , pp. 35–63: Social situation and organizational efforts of construction workers.
- Wolfgang Renzsch, craftsmen and wage workers in the early labor movement , Göttingen: Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, 1980, p. 63
- Wolfgang Renzsch, craftsmen and wage earners in the early labor movement , Göttingen: Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, 1980, p. 65