At the age of 27 , Gatti made his debut at La Scala in Milan . Then he conducted at the Gran Teatro La Fenice di Venezia in Venice , the Teatro Comunale di Bologna , at the Berlin State Opera and at the Metropolitan Opera (Met) in New York City , where he in 1989 and 1990 and at the Carnegie Hall , with the conducting of the American Symphony Orchestra .
Gatti started his first job as music director in 1992 with the orchestra of the Accademia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia in Rome . In addition, from 1994 he was Principal Guest Conductor of the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden . Both offices ended in 1997.
Gatti first conducted the New York Philharmonic Orchestra in 1996 . In the same year he began his work as music director of the London- based Royal Philharmonic Orchestra (RPO), whose musical direction he was until 2009. From 1997 until the expiry of his contract in late 2007 Gatti was ten years also music director of the opera house of Bologna , the Orchestra del Teatro Comunale di Bologna . At the State Opera in Vienna to Gatti resulted in a performance of Verdi's opera Simon Boccanegra one on October 14 of 2002. Since then he has directed, among other things, the premiere productions of Verdi's masterpiece Otello , of Mussorgski's musical folk drama Boris Godunow and of Schönberg's opera Moses und Aron . Further performances by Boris Godunow in the house on Vienna's Ringstrasse followed in 2007.
In 2008 Daniele Gatti succeeded Kurt Masur as music director of the Orchester National de France (ONF), located in the Parisian Théâtre des Champs-Élysées . For his work at the ONF, he was honored as Chevalier de la Légion d'Honneur when he passed in 2016 .
In 2008 Gatti was for the first time one of the artistic and musical directors at the Richard Wagner Festival in Bayreuth , in July and August he conducted the musical drama Richard Wagner's Parsifal, newly staged by Stefan Herheim . From 2009 to 2012 Gatti was chief conductor of the Zurich Opera House .
On October 3, 2014, the Concertgebouw Orchestra Amsterdam announced the appointment of Daniele Gatti as its chief conductor for the 2016–2017 season. He took up the position on September 9, 2016. On August 2, 2018, the Concertgebouw Orchestra announced that the collaboration with Gatti would be discontinued with immediate effect. The relationship of trust was irreparably damaged due to inappropriate behavior towards musicians in the orchestra. In April 2019, the orchestra and conductor announced that the dispute had been resolved.
Since 2016 he has been teaching at the Accademia Musicale Chigiana in Siena.
Daniele Gatti has been Artistic Advisor of the Mahler Chamber Orchestra since May 27, 2016 .
Daniele Gatti has been the musical director of the Teatro dell'Opera di Roma since January 1st, 2019 .
- 2004, 2015: Premio Abbiati
- Biography Daniele Gattis at Harmonia Mundi
- Portrait - Bayreuth Festival
- Daniele Gatti in the Apple iTunes Store ( iTunes required)
- Interview with Klassikinfo
- Daniele Gatti - Accademia Musicale Chigiana
- Matthew Westphal: Daniele Daniele Gatti to Leave Bologna's Opera House After Ten Years as Music Director. In: Playbill Arts. November 8, 2006.
- Matthew Westphal: Daniele Gatti to Succeed Kurt Masur at Orchester National de France. In: Playbill Arts. July 23, 2007.
- Musical director of the Bayreuth Festival 2008 ( Memento of the original from August 5, 2008 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. .
- Cast list for Parsifal ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. at the Richard Wagner Festival 2008 .
- www.concertgebouworkest.nl , accessed on August 2, 2018
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Italian conductor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 6, 1961|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Milan|