Dieter Heckelmann (born October 23, 1937 in Wiesbaden ; † June 24, 2012 in Berlin ) was a German lawyer , university professor and politician (initially non-party , later CDU ). From 1991 to 1996 he was the Senator for the Interior of the City of Berlin.
He completed his law studies at the universities of Frankfurt am Main, Marburg and Mainz in 1965 with a dissertation at the Westphalian Wilhelms University in Münster on "The contestability of assumptions of debt" . In 1972 he completed his habilitation with a thesis on "Severance pay clauses in social contracts" and in 1975 took up a professorship for civil law at the Free University of Berlin (FU). From 1977 to 1983 he was its first vice-president, then until 1991 as president of the FU. The student protests (“Unimut” strike) at the FU in 1988/89 fell during his term of office .
Heckelmann was a member of the right-wing conservative to right-wing radical emergency community for a free university (NofU) , which had dedicated itself to the goal of pushing back communist influences. To do this, they created dossiers on critical students.
After the elections to the House of Representatives , Dieter Heckelmann was appointed Berlin Senator for the Interior by the Governing Mayor of Diepgen in 1991, but only held this office for this electoral period that lasted until 1996. As part of the investigative committee into the Mykonos attack , the neo-Nazis in the Voluntary Police Reserve and the scandal surrounding his press officer Hans-Christoph Bonfert, according to Spiegel a permanent guest at the right - wing extremist Tuesday talks organized by Hans-Ulrich Pieper , he came under political pressure, so that In 1994 his responsibility for the protection of the Berlin constitution was withdrawn from him. He was a member of the Berlin House of Representatives until 1999 and then left politics entirely.
Heckelmann was married and had a daughter and a son. His grave is in the Dahlem forest cemetery .
- Biographical note on the website of the FU Berlin
- Biographical note of the university minutes
- Biographical note on the Berlin Senators for the Interior
- Really urgent . In: Der Spiegel . No. 36 , 1994, pp. 51-53 ( online ).
- Memories of Dieter Heckelmann (1937–2012). Edited by Albrecht Randelzhofer , Franz Jürgen Säcker and Rupert Scholz , Berlin (Free University Berlin) 2014; with contributions by Horst Konzen (Dieter Heckelmann - colleague and friend), Harm Peter Westermann (the civil lawyer Dieter Heckelmann), Martin Franzen (Dieter Heckelmann as academic teacher), Johann Wilhelm Gerlach (Dieter Heckelmann as President of the Free University), Kuno Böse ( Dieter Heckelmann as Senator for the Interior).
- Literature by and about Dieter Heckelmann in the catalog of the German National Library
- Ulrich Zawatka-Gerlach: CDU politician, FU boss and contentious lawyer: Ex-Senator Heckelmann died . In: Der Tagesspiegel from June 28, 2012.
- Book FU Berlin, a pitch black structure.
- Berlin Always on Tuesdays Berlin's CDU Interior Senator Heckelmann has so far only attracted attention through affairs. Now he's got through another one. , Der Spiegel June 27, 1994
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German lawyer, university professor and politician (initially non-party, later CDU), Member of the Parliament|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 23, 1937|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Wiesbaden|
|DATE OF DEATH||June 24, 2012|
|Place of death||Berlin|