|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Ilm district|
|Management Community :||Riechheimer Berg|
|Height :||320 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||17 km 2|
|Residents:||874 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||51 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||99334|
|Area code :||036200|
|License plate :||IK, ARN, IL|
|Community key :||16 0 70 012|
|Community structure:||3 districts|
|Association administration address:||Am Gutshof 4
Municipality of Wachsenburg
|Mayor :||Rudolf Neubig ( FWG )|
|Location of the municipality of Elleben in the Ilm district|
The municipality of Elleben is located in the Ilm district , about 15 kilometers south of Erfurt and ten kilometers east of Arnstadt . The districts of Riechheim and Gügleben belong to the community . In the area of the Riechheim district lies the Riechheimer Berg (513 m above sea level ), which is the namesake of the Riechheimer Berg administrative community . Elleben belongs to this administrative community based in Amt Wachsenburg .
The municipality of Elleben is located in the southern part of the Thuringian Basin on the western slope of the Riechheimer Berg, which forms the transition to the Middle Ilm Valley landscape protection area . The area is dominated by agriculture.
Development of the number of inhabitants (always on December 31 of the specified year) :
With a population increase of almost 100% between 1994 and 2004, Elleben was the fastest growing municipality in the Ilm district during this period. The increase in the number of inhabitants is reflected exclusively in the Riechheim district. A new residential area was developed there, which attracted many people from the city of Erfurt , about 15 km away . In Riechheim, the population increased from around 150 to around 600, so that the place is now both the largest district of the community and the administrative community of Riechheimer Berg.
Since the local elections on May 26, 2019, the council of the Elleben community has consisted of 8 councilors, all of whom belong to the Riechheim-Elleben-Gügleben Free Voting Association. The SPD, which also appeared, could not occupy a seat.
The honorary mayor has been Rudolf Neubig since 2004, he was last confirmed in office in the election on June 5, 2016.
Culture and sights
In Elleben, the baroque Elleben village church from 1729 is particularly worth seeing. A winged altar by Valentin Lendenstreich from 1498 and twelve figures of the apostles decorate this church . The first interior renovation has been handed down from 1884. The moon glass window from 1436, a circularly decorated church window, is still the attraction today.
The still existing male choir was founded in 1746 and emerged from the initiative of the Protestant choir.
Economy and Infrastructure
Elleben has no rail connection and there is no federal highway in the area of the municipality. The closest motorway junctions are Erfurt West and Erfurt East on the A4 motorway and Arnstadt Süd on the A71 . The nearest train stations are in Erfurt, Arnstadt and Kranichfeld.
- Friedemann Bechmann (1628–1703), Lutheran theologian, was born in Elleben
- Ludwig August Emmerling (1765–1841), miner and mineralogist, was born in Elleben
- Population of the municipalities from the Thuringian State Office for Statistics ( help on this ).
- Wolfgang Kahl: First mention of Thuringian towns and villages. A manual. Rockstuhl Verlag, Bad Langensalza, 2010, ISBN 978-3-86777-202-0 , p. 68
- Source for Schwarzburgische and Saxon places: Johann Friedrich Kratzsch : Lexicon of all localities of the German federal states . Naumburg, 1843. Available online from Google Books . Source for Prussian places: Handbook of the Province of Saxony. Magdeburg, 1843. Available online at Google Books
- Michael Rademacher: German administrative history from the unification of the empire in 1871 to the reunification in 1990. Population figures. (Online material for the dissertation, Osnabrück 2006).
- Population development since 1989 (TLUG) ( Memento of the original from October 29, 2012 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (PDF; 18 kB)
- Thuringian State Office for Statistics: Elections in Thuringia, municipal council election 2019 in Thuringia - final result, Elleben. Retrieved August 13, 2019 .
- Thuringian State Office for Statistics: Elections in Thuringia, Mayor election 2016 in Thuringia, Elleben. Retrieved August 13, 2019 .
- Evangelical Church District Arnstadt - Ilmenau-Elleben - Retrieved from the Internet in October 2013
- Wilhelm von Gümbel: Emmerling, Ludwig August . In: Allgemeine Deutsche Biographie (ADB). Volume 6, Duncker & Humblot, Leipzig 1877, p. 87 f.