Helmut Müller (soccer player, 1937)
|birthday||17th March 1937 (age 83)|
|place of birth||Steinach , German Empire|
|1951-1955||BSG Stahl / Motor Steinach|
|Years||station||Games (goals) 1|
SC Motor /
FC Carl Zeiss Jena
|1967-1972||FC Carl Zeiss Jena II||117(35)|
|1955||DDR Juniors||4 (0)|
|1956||GDR offspring||2 (1)|
|1957-1965||GDR B||11 (4)|
|1 Only league games are given.|
As a teenager, Helmut Müller began playing football at his home BSG Motor Steinach in 1951 . As a promising talent, he was delegated to the second division club SC Motor Jena at the age of 18 in 1955 at the beginning of the transition round to introduce the 1955 calendar year season . In the season of 1956 Müller helped the Jenaern with 28 goals in 26 point games to promotion to the league. Two years later he was again top scorer, but this time in the league with 17 goals. This was about a third of all Jena goals, the 49 goals of which led to the runner-up.
In 1960 Müller celebrated his first title win with SC Motor Jena, on October 7, 1960, he was in the final of the GDR soccer cup , which the Jena team won after a 3-2 victory over SC Empor Rostock . In 1962, Helmut Müller won the GDR soccer championship with Jena, of the 26 matches he had played in 25 matches. On May 8, 1964, he and his team were in the final of the GDR soccer cup and scored a goal, but in the end SC Aufbau Magdeburg won 2-1. Helmut Müller completed his last league season at the age of 30 in 1966/67. Until 1972 he played in the 2nd team. At the end of his career he had played in 230 league games in which he had scored 83 goals.
As an accurate shooter, Müller also suggested himself for use in the DFV selection teams . As a second division player, he was called up in four encounters with the GDR junior national team in 1955 . In 1956 he played twice in the junior team.
On October 27, 1957, he played for the first time in the national team at the encounter between GDR and Czechoslovakia . In the position of the right wing striker, he was the only goalscorer of the GDR team that had to admit defeat 1: 4. By 1962, Müller had completed a total of 13 international matches in which he scored five goals. In addition, he played eleven games for the B selection with four hits.
- Andreas Baingo , Michael Hohlfeld: Soccer selection player of the GDR. The lexicon . Sportverlag Berlin , Berlin 2000, ISBN 3-328-00875-6 , page 117.
- Michael Horn, Gottfried Weise : The great lexicon of GDR football . Schwarzkopf & Schwarzkopf, Berlin 2004, ISBN 3-89602-536-8 , page 245/246.
- Hanns Leske : The GDR league players. A lexicon . AGON Sportverlag, Kassel 2014, ISBN 978-3-89784-392-9 , page 337.
- Helmut Müller in the database of the German Football Association
- Helmut Müller in the database of weltfussball.de
- Helmut Müller player profile at fcc-supporters.org
- Helmut Müller league overview at rsssf.com
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German soccer player in the GDR|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 17, 1937|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Steinach|