Keto from Waberer
Keto Waberer is the daughter of a German mother and a Bolivian architect you spent her childhood in a Tyrolean village and attended school in boarding Schwarzenberg Palace, where she also their high school took off. She then studied art and architecture in Munich and Mexico City . She spent several years in Mexico , got married and had two children.
After returning to Germany, she worked as an architect and gallery owner. As a journalist , she contributed to the Zurich World Week . Today she lives as a freelance writer in Munich. In 1995 she was visiting professor at the University of Essen . Since 1998 she teaches at the University of Television and Film Munich the subject Creative Writing .
The author has been a member of the PEN Center Germany since 1988 .
Keto von Waberer mainly writes prose , her stories and novels are often love stories or deal with the author's personal experiences. Her interest is in the psychological processing and repression problems . Von Waberer also emerged as a translator from English. In the field of science fiction , for example, she has transmitted works by Ira Levin , Isaac Asimov , John Varley , Olaf Stapledon , Robert Silverberg , Tanith Lee , Terry Carr and Tom Reamy .
- The man from the lake , Cologne 1983
- Locust Hill , Cologne 1984
- The secret rage of plants , Cologne 1985
- Blue waters for a battle , Cologne 1987
- Der Schattenfreund , Cologne 1988
- Fischwinter , Cologne 1991
- Bad people , Munich 1993
- On the luck of loving a liver sausage and other culinary glosses , Cologne 1996
- Simon , Frankfurt am Main 1998
- The white in the eye of the enemy , Cologne 1999
- The mysteries of a delicatessen store , Cologne 2000
- Sister , Berlin paperback publisher. Berlin 2004, ISBN 3-8333-0100-7 .
- Hug , Berlin-Verlag, Berlin 2007, 2007, ISBN 978-3-8270-0718-6 .
- Strange birds fly by , Berlin Verlag, Berlin 2011 ISBN 978-3-8720-0995-1 .
- The cow from the sea and other stories from the magic land , Hanser, Munich 2011, ISBN 978-3-446-23805-3 .
- Mingus , dtv, Munich 2012, ISBN 978-3-423-24937-9 .
- The arrow in the heart , Cologne 1993
- Walter Lord : The Titanic Catastrophe (A Night to Remember, 1955), Munich 1977
- Ira Levin : Die Roboterfrauen (new publication 1994: Die Frauen von Stepford ; The Stepford Wives, 1972), Heyne, Munich 1977
- Gregory Benford & Gordon Eklund : Jupiter's anvil (The Anvil of Jove, 1976), in Manfred Kluge (ed.): Die Cinderella-Maschine , Heyne , Munich 1978
- Michael G. Coney : Die Cinderella-Maschine (The Cinderella Machine, 1976), Tom Reamy : Der Detweiler-Bub (The Detweiler Boy, 1977), John Varley : In the Audienzsaal der Martian Kings (In the Hall of the Martian Kings, 1976) , in Manfred Kluge (Ed.): The Cinderella Machine , Heyne, Munich 1978
- Michael G. Coney: Katapult zu den Sternen (Catapult to the Stars, 1977), in Manfred Kluge (Hrsg.): Katapult zu den Sternen , Heyne, Munich 1978
- Phyllis and Alex Eisenstein: Altar Ego (Altar Ego, 1977), in Manfred Kluge (Hrsg.): Altar Ego , Heyne, Munich 1978
- Richard Cowper : Where the big ships go (Out There Where the Big Ships Go, 1979), in Manfred Kluge (Hrsg.): Sterbliche Götter , Heyne, Munich 1980
- Olaf Stapledon : A Modern Magician (1978), in Manfred Kluge (Hrsg.): Jefty is five , Heyne, Munich 1980
- Leslie Frewin: Marlene Dietrich (Dietrich, 1967), Heyne, Munich 1979
- Harold English : In the Last Minute (The Heavens Above Us, 2002), Heyne, Munich 1979
- Phyllis Whitney : Tower Room (Spindrift, 1975), Blanvalet , Munich 1979
- Danielle Steel : Never say adieu (The Promise, 1978), Goldmann, Munich 1979
- Manuel Silva Acevedo: Wolves and Sheep (Lobos y ovejas, 1972), Munich 1989
- Daniel Hearn: Rabenschwarzer August , Schneekluth, Munich 1990
- Zhimei Zhang: Hundred Flowers , Schneekluth, Munich 1997
- Ilene Beckerman : What do you not do for love! (What We Do for Love, 1997), Sanssouci Verlag, Zurich 1998
Awards and honors
- 1983 Literature Promotion Prize of the City of Munich
- 1988 Schwabing Art Prize
- 1990 Märkisches scholarship for literature
- 1992 Montblanc Literature Prize
- 1996 Ernst Hoferichter Prize
- 2011 Literature Prize of the City of Munich
- Mechthild Borries (Ed.): Keto von Waberer , Iudicium, Munich 1992. ISBN 3-89129-071-3
- Martina Kotorová: Commented translation of the short story “The Cat House ” by Keto von Waberer into Czech , Univ. Bachelor thesis, Olomouc 2018.
- Literature by and about Keto von Waberer in the catalog of the German National Library
- Keto von Waberer in the Bavarian literature portal (project of the Bavarian State Library )
- Archived copy ( Memento of the original from July 21, 2007 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
|SURNAME||Waberer, keto from|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German writer and architect|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 24, 1942|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||augsburg|