A nature conservation organization is an association of people (usually as an association ) with the aim of protecting living nature or special areas. This includes all organizations working in the broadest sense to the protection and conservation of the landscape, for protection, Hege and maintenance of animal or plant species or of protected areas and habitats care.
On the one hand, there are associations that have a focus, protect a species or a protected area and often only work with a few committed specialists. In addition, there are a large number of associations in Germany such as the NABU or BUND , the fishing and hunting associations , which operate nationwide. These associations are in Germany to Federal Nature Conservation Act and corresponding provisions in the provincial nature conservation law as the respective province nature conservation association recognized and hearing entitled, especially in the preparation of planning approval process , land use plans or development plans . Due to the earlier recognition basis § 29 BNatSchG old version, the long-standing recognized associations are traditionally still called "29er associations". In the current nature conservation law, there is a transition in BNatSchG.
In May 2011, the verdict of Justice that environmental groups also may complain extensive than previously before the courts (so-called. Class action ). Business associations feared a wave of lawsuits, while the Federal Council's Environment Committee found a year later that the number of environmental complaints was declining and that environmental associations should be particularly careful when dealing with collective actions.
In Austria, a nature conservation lawyer is elected by nature conservation organizations or appointed by the state . According to the statutes, these associations must have nature conservation as a goal or focus of their work, be active as widely as possible and have a minimum number of members.
List of organizations
- Action group for species protection e. V.
- Borneo Orangutan Survival Germany
- Federation for the Environment and Nature Conservation Germany (BUND)
- Federation of Homeland and the Environment in Germany (BHU)
- Deepwave Initiative for the protection of the high seas and deep seas
- German environmental aid
- German Environmental Foundation
- German forest youth
- German Wildlife Foundation
- German Alpine Club (DAV)
- German Fishing Association (DAFV)
- German Hunting Association
- German youth association for nature observation
- Deutscher Naturschutzring (DNR) - umbrella organization of associations active in nature and environmental protection in Germany
- DRK - Wasserwacht - operates its own specialist service that is dedicated to practical and publishing nature and water protection
- Euronatur - European Natural Heritage Foundation
- Forum Ecological-Social Market Economy (FÖS) - non-partisan and independent think tank
- Society for Nature Conservation and Ornithology Rhineland-Palatinate e. V. (GNOR)
- Society for Ecological Planning e. V. (GÖP)
- Gregor Louis or Environmental Foundation
- Heinz Sielmann Foundation with its youth organization Sielmanns Natur-Ranger Deutschland e. V.
- Hessian Society for Ornithology and Nature Conservation e. V. (HGON)
- Representation of interests for sustainable nature & environmental education e. V. (INNU)
- State Association for Bird Protection in Bavaria (LBV)
- Friends of Nature - Association for environmental protection, soft tourism, sport and culture
- Nature Conservation Association Germany (NABU)
- Pro wildlife
- Rainforest Rescue - Organization for the Protection of the Rainforest
- Save the Elbe e. V. - Environmental protection organization around the Elbe
- Robin Wood - Nonviolent Action Group for Nature and Environment
- German Forest Protection Association
- Conservation Society Wadden Sea Protection Station
- Swabian Alb Association
- Schleswig-Holstein Nature Conservation Foundation - State foundation with several international nature and species protection projects
- Association for Landscape Management & Species Protection in Bavaria V.
- Jordsand Association
- Frankfurt Zoological Society
- Zoological Society for Species and Population Protection
- Nature Conservation Union Austria
- Friends of nature Austria
- Austrian Alpine Club
- Environment umbrella organization
- Lower Austrian mountain and nature watch
- Pro Natura - "For more nature - everywhere!"
- Swiss bird protection - "Biodiversity - Diversity is wealth"
- JagdSchweiz - "for contemporary, sustainable hunting in Switzerland"
- BirdLife International
- Friends of the Earth
- GreenWood Global
- International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources (IUCN)
- Friends of Nature International (NFI) based in Vienna
- OceanCare - "For the protection of marine animals and their habitat" based in Switzerland
- Pro rainforest
- Sea Shepherd Conservation Society
- WWF - World Wide Fund for Nature
- Global Nature Fund
- Species protection
- natural reserve
- Animal welfare
- environmental Protection
- Environmental protection organization
- Website of the German Nature Conservation Ring (DNR)
- List of associations recognized according to the BNatSchG. Federal Environment Agency, November 27, 2017, accessed on December 22, 2017 .
- Annotated list of environmental and nature conservation organizations
- § 29 BNatSchG in the version of the announcement from 1998 ( BGBl. I p. 2994 , PDF, 93 kB)
- ECJ, judgment of May 12, 2011 , Az. C-115/09, -Trianel-.
- Antje Höning: Environmental groups are allowed to sue industry . In: Rheinische Post , May 13, 2011.
- Printed matter 707/1/12. Environment Committee of the Federal Council
- In Vorarlberg the nature conservation lawyer is elected by nature conservation organizations. There are similar institutions in the other federal states (except Carinthia), but they are all appointed by the state. Appointment of the nature conservation lawyer. Nature Conservation Attorney Vorarlberg, accessed on December 22, 2017 .