|Original title||Not bad|
|Country of production||Germany|
|Year (s)||1992–1993 (first season)
1994 (second season)
1996 (third season)
TV60 film production
|Episodes||39 in 3 seasons|
|Theme music||Wooden Heart - We Belong Together|
|First broadcast||November 8, 1993 on
See cast list
A television series in the early-evening program of Das Erste was not from bad parents . It was produced in the 1990s by Radio Bremen and TV60Filmproduktion Munich by Bernd Burgemeister . The first season was broadcast in 1993 . Due to its great success, Radio Bremen decided to shoot two more seasons (1994 and 1996). The series was shot in Bremen ( Altes Gymnasium and Burglesum ), Achim , Brake (Unterweser) and Wilhelmshaven .
A total of 39 episodes (in three seasons of 13 episodes each) about the family life of the Schefers with problems from the professional environment of the father, mother, the children's first love and their later professions were broadcast.
At the beginning of the series, the Schefer family moved from Dobersdorf near Kiel to Bremen. Head of the family Wolfgang Schefer is to be promoted to sea captain and take over the command of the (fictitious) naval base in Bremen. The four children Felix, Jenny, Moritz and Alexander have to settle in a new city and a new school. In addition, they have to cope with the fact that their mother Sybille will now teach music at the children's school. The household is - reluctantly - supported by Wolfgang's mother Lisbeth, who also has a number of other obligations, for example her Canasta Club. However, Grandma Lisbeth is all the more pleased to have her favorite grandson - the diabetic Moritz - close by again, with whom she quickly does good business.
After Felix graduated from high school, he started doing community service . Jenny's pregnancy can now be clearly seen, and she is looking for an apartment with Thomas Brenner. The teacher “Schnulli” Bockmann proves to be the savior in need, and he makes part of his house available to the young couple. Moritz's popularity at school rose suddenly after his talent for making money by speculating on the stock market turned out to be a gold mine for teachers and classmates - only the parents were the last to notice. When the whole thing is discovered, Moritz is sent to England without further ado . Meanwhile, dark clouds are brewing in the Schefer's sky after Sybille unexpectedly stumbles over Felix's father Johannes Immermann again - to the chagrin of the jealous Wolfgang. Ultimately, the victim of these problems is Alexander, who quickly fled with his friend Johannes.
The first episode is entitled "Five Years Later" . Jenny's son Philipp is now in kindergarten , his mother is studying dentistry in Berlin and Felix has just completed his theology degree in Tübingen . Alexander has to leave the Gustav-Heinemann-Gymnasium after he accidentally blew up the chemistry hall, which in turn killed the family dog Anton. Moritz and Benita live in Paris , while Wolfgang and Sybille now have separate apartments and new partners. But some unexpected events bring the Schefers back together faster than expected, and in the end they live together again under one roof.
The following tables show the episodes in the series.
|1||Welcome to Bremen||11/08/1993|
|5||All for Aisha||December 6, 1993|
|9||Fathers and sons||03/01/1994|
|11||The Mafia||January 17, 1994|
|13||Scheferstunde||January 31, 1994|
|1||Home Sweet Home||04/03/1995|
|6th||Men and engines||04/27/1995|
|7th||Philipp comes around||05/04/1995|
|8th||Music is in the air||05/08/1995|
|9||Drive into the blue||05/11/1995|
|10||Everyone loves Philipp||05/15/1995|
|11||The business trip||05/18/1995|
|12||Disorder and early suffering||05/22/1995|
|1||Five years later||01/14/1998|
|3||Change on the fly||01/28/1998|
|4th||Wedding and a death||02/04/1998|
|5||Girl in uniform||02/11/1998|
|7th||Black, red, blonde||02/25/1998|
|10||Tierra del Fuego burned down||03/18/1998|
|12||So close, so far||04/01/1998|
- Sabine Postel - Sybille Schefer; Mother and music teacher
- Ulrich Pleitgen - Wolfgang Schefer; Father and naval officer ( admiral )
- Patrick Bach - the eldest son, Felix Schefer; biological son of Sybille and adopted son of Wolfgang
- Tina Ruland - the only daughter of the family; Henrietta "Jenny" Schefer ( medical officer )
- Steven Bennett - the second son, Moritz Schefer - the financial genius
- Colin Kippenberg - the youngest son, Alexander "Alex" Schefer
- Whiskey Barefoot - the family dog Anton
- Renate Delfs - Lisbeth "Grandma Lisbeth" Schefer; Wolfgang's mother and widow of a captain
- Hardy Kruger Jr. - Pascal Neumann; Classmate of Felix Schefer
- Paul Frielinghaus - Thomas Brenner; Teacher, friend and husband of Jenny Schefer
- Ann-Kristin Leo - Benita; Friend of Moritz Schefer
- Jochen Senf - Dr. Wolff; Director of the high school
- Micaëla Kreißler - Mrs. Engelhardt; Secretary of the high school
- Karl Lieffen - Dr. Reckensiehl; Latin teacher from Felix Schefer
- Diana Körner - Rita Zell; Teacher
- Marion Breckwoldt - Heike Schmalz; Teacher
- Michael Schönborn - Dr. Karl-Heinz "Schnulli" Bockmann
- Joachim Regelien - Dr. Pöhlke; Teacher
- Utz Richter - Erwin Schmidt
- Michael Pundt - Pastor Volkmann; Religion teacher
- Camillo d'Ancona - Luigi Nardini; facility manager
- Ute Bries - Mona
- Andreas Schmidt-Schaller - Horst Gagelmann, partner of Sybille Schefer
- Mona Seefried - Marita, partner of Wolfgang Schefer
- Julia Hentschel - Julia
- Jany Temple - Aisha Alkalisi
- Andreas Mannkopff - Captain Wutzki
- Dirk Plönissen - Philipp (pilot)
- Konstantin Graudus - Private Renatus Hölderlich
- Wolfgang Jungmann - Captain Steglitz
- Michael Greiling - Johannes Immermann
- Sascha Reimann ( Ferris MC ) - Bodo
- Sharon Brauner - Ebba
- Andrea L'Arronge - Flotilla Doctor Dr. Stappenbeck
- Robert Viktor Minich
Reviews and prices
Not from bad parents was considered a surprise success for the responsible broadcasters at the time and achieved high ratings; In 1994 the series was awarded a Bambi and a Telestar . With the third season, however, the ratings decreased.
Due to the great success of the series, the first season was released on DVD on September 1, 2006. The second season appeared on November 10, 2006; The third season was released on March 23, 2007. The Norddeutsche Rundfunk (NDR) repeated the first six episodes of the series from February 27, 2007 to April 3, 2007 in the evening program at 9.45 p.m. It was the first re-broadcast on German television in seven years. In July 2011, a new edition of the second season was released on DVD. This time in DolbyDigital 2.0. Seasons 1 and 3 followed at the end of October 2011.
- Schuster, Gaby: Not from bad parents. - Bastei-Lübbe , Bergisch Gladbach 1994, ISBN 3-404-12311-5 .
- Schuster, Gaby: Not from bad parents II. - Bastei-Lübbe , Bergisch Gladbach 1995, ISBN 3-404-12324-7 .
- extensive fan page with an overview of all episodes, photos and biographies
- Not from bad parents (detailed information on DVD versions)
- Not bad in the Internet Movie Database (English)