|The front of the Porsche Arena next to the Carl Benz Center|
|place||Mercedesstraße 69 70372 Stuttgart - Bad Cannstatt , Germany
|owner||Property company Schleyer-Halle and Neue Arena GmbH & Co. KG|
|operator||in.Stuttgart Veranstaltungsgesellschaft mbH|
|opening||May 27, 2006|
PVC - Flooring
|costs||31 million euros|
|architect||'asp' architects Stuttgart|
|capacity||6211 places ( handball )|
The Porsche Arena is a multi-purpose hall in Stuttgart in the Neckarpark ( Bad Cannstatt district ). The arena is right next to the Hanns-Martin-Schleyer-Halle on Mercedesstraße. Both arenas are connected to one another via a common foyer. The operator of both halls is the event company in Stuttgart .
Construction and naming
After a 14-month construction period, the arena was opened on May 27, 2006 with a ceremony and an edition of the television show “ Do you understand fun? “Opened. The construction of the arena cost 31 million euros , the common foyer with the Schleyer Hall 7.3 million euros.
To refinance the construction costs, a sale of the naming rights was planned before construction began . The Dr. Ing.hc F. Porsche AG acquired the naming rights for ten million euros with a term of 20 years.
Short changeover times allow flexible use of the arena for handball, basketball, volleyball, tennis, table tennis, ice hockey, dance sports, which do not take place in the Hanns-Martin-Schleyer-Halle due to a lack of spectator interest, ice revues ( Holiday on Ice ), general meetings (e.g. of Porsche AG , Celesio ), party conferences (e.g. the FDP ) and company events.
The arena has the dimensions 135 × 95 m with four full floors and a total of 9400 m². 20 boxes above the auditorium offer space for up to 250 people. The area of the interior (with built-in ice surface) is around 2000 square meters. Depending on the event, there is space for up to 7,500 visitors in the Porsche Arena. 6000 seats are permanently installed.
The Porsche Tennis Grand Prix , which took place in Filderstadt until 2005 , has been held in the Porsche Arena since 2006. There are currently some home games of the TVB 1898 Stuttgart taking place in the Porsche-Arena. The first division handball team Frisch Auf Göppingen also played their home games in the Porsche Arena until the new EWS Arena was completed. On April 30, 2016, Allianz MTV Stuttgart broke the record number of visitors in the 1st Bundesliga during the play-off final of the German championship with 5392 spectators . The TuS Metzingen has in their home race in the Porsche-Arena in the season 2016/17 against the TV Nellingen an attendance record for the 6,157 visitors with Handball Bundesliga Women set. International handball matches are held regularly in the Porsche Arena. At times, EnBW Ludwigsburg basketball games took place, but they are now being played in the MHP Arena in Ludwigsburg. From 2014 to 2017 the DHB Supercup was held in the Stuttgart Arena.
On April 13, 2012, the WWE organized Wrestlemania Revenge Tour took place here.
In addition to sporting events, concerts are also held in the hall.
- Official website
- Project description of the city of Stuttgart ( Memento from September 30, 2007 in the Internet Archive )
- Map with means of transport (PDF; 94 kB)
- Seat map of the Porsche Arena
- Photos of the finished Porsche Arena ( memorial from September 28, 2007 in the Internet Archive )
- 'asp' Architects Stuttgart (ed.): Porsche Arena Stuttgart and modernization of Hanns-Martin-Schleyer Halle ( memento of the original from September 23, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , URL: http://www.asp-stuttgart.de/ , undated, accessed on March 4, 2012.
- stuttgarter-zeitung.de: Stuttgart - City of Audience Records Article from May 1, 2018
- handball-world.com: HBF compact: Metzingen with attendance record, Bietigheim continues with a white vest Article from December 31, 2016
- in.Stuttgart Veranstaltungsgesellschaft mbH (Ed.): WWE RAW - WrestleMania Revenge Tour , URL: http://www.porsche-arena.de/ , o. J., accessed on March 4, 2012.
- setlist.fm: concert list of the Porsche Arena (English)