After Rob Zombie moved to New York around 1985 , he became the front man and singer in the band White Zombie , which took its name from the horror film White Zombie starring Bela Lugosi . He also worked for a porn magazine, a children's TV production and as a bicycle courier .
Zombie has only been working as a solo artist since 1996, after starting some solo projects in 1994 - among other things, he composed the music for the film Private Parts . Stylistically, his music can be assigned to industrial metal and combines catchy, melodic guitar riffs with industrial rhythms and electronic effects. His texts mostly contain motifs from the horror genre.
He always directed his band's video clips himself (with the exception of the video for “Thunderkiss '65”), which can be seen as a bonus on the best-of CD Past, Present & Future . He also directed the first, winter themed, the two music videos for Dreamer by Ozzy Osbourne . His first film, House of 1000 Corpses , was released in 2003 and, despite initial difficulties in finding a distributor, became a great success. In 2005, his second film, The Devil's Rejects , was released, a loose continuation of the story of the House of 1000 Corpses . He also worked on the movie Beavis and Butt-Head Do It in America . He created the sequence of the hallucinatory drug trip that Beavis experienced in a desert.
In 2005 the "Deluxe Edition" of his album Hellbilly Deluxe was released . His album Educated Horses was released on March 28, 2006 and has changed his style a bit. In 2010 Hellbilly Deluxe 2 was released , which is musically a mixture of his first and last record. From the beginning of 2010 Zombie went on an extensive US tour with Alice Cooper , which was followed by several European concerts in 2011.
In 2007, Rob Zombie directed a remake of John Carpenter's Halloween from 1978. He directed, produced and wrote the screenplay based on the original script by John Carpenter and Debra Hill. In 2009, the sequel Halloween 2 followed , which can no longer be considered an actual remake , since with this sequel he only ties in with his first part and in a certain way creates his own story or continuation. In 2007 he also shot the fake trailer Werewolf Women of the SS for Quentin Tarantino's Death Proof . Zombie also wrote the script Tyrannosaurus Rex in 2008 , which was published in excerpts in a comic, but a film implementation is not planned.
Rob Zombie also directed a one-time directing of the globally popular and successful crime television series CSI: Miami . He directed the episode LA (German shadow of a debt ), in which the well-known film actors Malcolm McDowell , Michael Madsen and William Forsythe play. It was first broadcast in the US on March 1, 2010.
Rob Zombie has been married to Sheri Moon Zombie since 2002 , with whom he had been in a relationship for 9 years at that time. She was often the cover girl on his albums and was also part of his video clips. She also played the role of Baby Firefly in the two films House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects . Rob Zombie is the older brother of Spider One , the front man of the band Powerman 5000 .
In 2011 Rob Zombie was on tour in Germany. The tour began with a special guest appearance at Rock am Ring - it was followed by Oberhausen , Berlin and Hamburg . This was the first tour in Germany in 13 years.
Besides that, Rob Zombie is also busy as a comic book writer. Two works have been published by Dark Horse Verlag: The Nail and Bigfoot . In 2012 he drew the album cover for God Told Me To by John 5 . Zombie announced Broad Street Bullies in June 2012 , which tells the story of the Philadelphia Flyers ' 70s ice hockey club .
With white zombie
- 1985: Gods on Voodoo Moon
- 1986: Pig Heaven
- 1987: Psycho-Head Blowout
- 1987: Soulcrusher
- 1989: Make Them Die Slowly
- 1989: God of Thunder
- 1992: La Sexorcisto: Devil Music, Vol. 1
- 1995: Astro Creep: 2000 - Songs of Love, Destruction and Other Synthetic Delusions of the Electric Head
- 1996: Supersexy Swingin 'Sounds
- 1998: Hellbilly Deluxe
- 1999: American Made Music to Strip by (Remix album for Hellbilly Deluxe)
- 2001: The Sinister Urge
- 2003: Past, Present & Future (Best of + DVD with various videos)
- 2006: Educated Horses
- 2006: 20th Century Masters - Millennium Collection: The Best of Rob Zombie
- 2007: Zombie Live
- 2010: Hellbilly Deluxe 2: Noble Jackals, Penny Dreadfuls and the Systematic Dehumanization of Cool
- 2011: Icon / Icon 2 (Best of; single CD with Rob Zombie songs / double CD also with White Zombie songs)
- 2012: Mondo Sex Head (remix album with songs by White Zombie and Rob Zombie)
- 2013: Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor
- 2015: Spookshow International: Live
- 2016: The Electric Warlock Acid Witch Satanic Orgy Celebration Dispenser
- 1997: Music for Quake II
- 1999: Participated in the End of Days OST
- 1999: Participated in The Matrix OST
- 2002: The Electro-Industrial Tribute to Rob Zombie ( tribute album in honor of Rob Zombies)
- 2003: Participation in the House of 1000 Corpses OST
- 2005: Participated in The Devil's Rejects OST
- 2007: Participated in The Haunted World of El Superbeasto OST
- 2007: Participation in the Grindhouse OST
- 2007: Participated in Halloween OST
- 2009: Involved in the Punisher: War Zone OST
- 1996: Beavis and Butt-Head do it in America (animation of hallucinations in the desert)
- 2003: House of 1000 Corpses ( House of 1000 Corpses , direction, book, music)
- 2005: The Devil's Rejects (direction, book, music)
- 2007: Halloween (director, book)
- 2007: Werewolf Women of the SS (One of the five "fake trailers" in Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez ' Grindhouse double feature )
- 2009: Halloween 2 (Director, Book)
- 2009: El Superbeasto ( The Haunted World of El Superbeasto )
- 2010: Super (as speaker)
- 2013: Lords of Salem (direction, book)
- 2016: 31 (director, book)
- 2019: 3 from Hell (Script, Director)
- Chart sources: Germany Austria Switzerland Great Britain USA
- Music Sales Awards: US UK
- Rob Zombie Offers Updates on Werewolf Women of the SS and Tyrannosaurus Rex
- Rob Zombie Interview: Talks Upcoming Projects and Why Musicians Are Horrible Actors
- Radio 66.6 More Ghoulish happenings in the Music World
- Rob Zombie Targets Philadelphia Flyers Hockey Team For Feature 'Broad Street Bullies'
- Rob Zombie To Release The Electric Warlock Acid Witch Satanic Orgy Celebration Dispenser on April 29
- Official website
- Rob Zombie / White Zombie FAQ site
- Rob Zombie at laut.de
- Rob Zombie in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Rob Zombie - Wikipedia: Fact or Fiction? Loudwire interviewon May 11, 2016
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Straker, Rob (pseudonym); Ramone, Robert (pseudonym); Zombie, Robert Wolfgang; Cummings, Robert Bartleh (maiden name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American singer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 12, 1965|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Haverhill , Massachusetts , USA|