Wolfgang Wesemann started cycling at BSG Motor Mitte Magdeburg in 1965 . In 1967 he was GDR youth champion in cyclo-cross races , team time trials and all-around competitions. In the same year he moved to ASK Vorwärts Frankfurt an der Oder. As an adult, Wolfgang Wesemann was three times GDR champion, in 1972 in the individual road race on the Sachsenring , in 1973 in the team time trial with the ASG Vorwärts Leipzig and 1974 with the ASK Vorwärts Frankfurt / O. In 1971 he won the GDR tour , after having finished third in 1968 and won the ranking for the best young driver. He started three times from 1971 to 1973 in the International Peace Tour , where he achieved his best placement in 1972 with 14th place.
In 1972 Wesemann started at the Olympic Games in Munich and finished 33rd in the road race. He was bid farewell to his competitive sports career in February 1975 on the Werner-Seelenbinder-Halle track in Berlin and was awarded the Golden Badge of Honor of the GDR Cycling Association.
He completed an apprenticeship as an electrician.
Wolfgang Wesemann is the father of the former racing cyclist Steffen Wesemann .
- German Cycling Association of the GDR (ed.): The cyclist . No. 35/1972 . Berlin 1972, p. 2 .
- German Cycling Association of the GDR (ed.): The cyclist . No. 34/1971 . Berlin 1971, p. 1 .
- German Cycling Association of the GDR (ed.): The cyclist . No. 7/1975 . Berlin 1975, p. 2 .
- Wolfgang Wesemann in the Radsportseiten.net database
- Wolfgang Wesemann in the Sports-Reference database (English; archived from the original )
- Wolfgang Wesemann at filmportal.de
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German racing cyclist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 30, 1949|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Elbeu|