Calendar overview 1069
|Al-Mutamid becomes king of the Taifa kingdom of Seville .|
|1069 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||517/518 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1612/13 (southern Buddhism); 1611/12 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||62nd (63rd) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||431/432 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||447/448 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||461/462 (October 19-20)|
|Jewish calendar||4829/30 (September 18-19)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1379/80 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1380/81 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1125/26 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- After the death of his father Abbad II al-Mu'tadid , Al-Mutamid , until now governor of Silves, becomes regent of the Taifa kingdoms of Seville and Silves .
Kingdom of England
- William the Conqueror begins as part of the Norman conquest of England with The Harrying of the North . Northumbria and the Midlands in particular are affected by the subjugation of the hitherto relatively independent areas in the north of his new kingdom .
- November 4th : Rumold von Konstanz dies. Against the will of the Constance cathedral chapter, Heinrich IV appoints the Magdeburg canon Karl as his successor as Bishop of Constance .
- The Elne Cathedral is consecrated.
- Henry of Burgundy , Count of Portugal, ancestor of the first Portuguese royal dynasty († 1112 )
- Leon Diogenes , Byzantine prince and co-emperor († 1086 )
- September 26 : Lantbert von Deutz , hagiographer and poet
- November 4th : Rumold , Bishop of Constance
- December: Gottfried III. , Duke of Lower Lorraine, Margrave of Tuszien
- Abbad II. Al-Mu'tadid , Emir of Seville
- Tilopa , Indian forefather of the Kagyu lineage of Tibetan Buddhism (* 988 )
- Dedo II , Margrave of Lower Lusatia