Calendar overview 1073
|Pope by the people and clergy of Rome . He takes the name Gregory VII .||
of Neo-Confucianism ,
Zhou Dunyi , dies.
|1073 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||521/522 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1616/17 (southern Buddhism); 1615/16 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||62nd (63rd) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||435/436 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||451/452 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||465/466 (September 5-6)|
|Jewish calendar||4833/34 (September 4th / 5th)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1383/84 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1384/85 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1129/30 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- April 22nd : At the funeral of Pope Alexander II, tumultuous conditions break out in Rome due to the question of the succession, which lead to the proclamation of Hildebrand as Pope by the people and clergy. This survey therefore violates the papal election decree of 1059 . Hildebrand rules the Catholic Church as Gregory VII .
- June 29th : King Heinrich IV refuses in Goslar to receive a prince delegation of the Saxons who come with complaints and thus triggers a Saxon war .
- Reconquista : the fortress of Belillos is built from where the Christian garrison can attack the Granada area .
- The Counts of Diez are first mentioned in a document.
- The Seljuks conquer Jerusalem from the Fatimids .
science and technology
- Malik Shah I , Sultan of the Seljuks , commissions the polymath Omar Chajjam to build an observatory and create a solar calendar . The modern Iranian calendar is based on the corresponding calculations .
- Sangphu Ne'uthog Monastery is founded.
Exact date of birth unknown
- Alfonso I , King of Aragon († 1134 )
- Dawit IV the Builder , King of Georgia († 1125 )
- Leopold III. , Margrave of Austria († 1136 )
Born around 1073
Date of death secured
- July 10 : Antonius , Kiev monk in Russia, founder of the Kiev Pechersk Lavra (* 983 )
- July 12 : Johannes Gualbertus , saint of the Catholic Church (* around 995 )
- December 20 : Dominikus von Silos , saint of the Catholic Church (* around 1005 )
Exact date of death unknown
- Budivoj , Prince of the Abodrites
- Giso II , count from the Gison family in the Marburg area
- Robert Crispin , Norman horseman in the service of the Byzantine Empire
- Adalbert von Schauenburg , Hessian nobleman
- Otto I. von Scheyern , Vogt von Freising and Count von Scheyern (* around 1020 )
- Zhou Dunyi , Chinese philosopher from the school of Neoconfucianism (* 1017 )