Calendar overview 1077
|Henry IV goes on the " walk to Canossa ".||Canossa Castle , Pope Gregory VII lifted him from the church ban.|
|1077 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||525/526 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1620/21 (southern Buddhism); 1619/20 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||62nd (63rd) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||439/440 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||455/456 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||469/470 (July 24-25)|
|Jewish calendar||4837/38 (September 20/21)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1387/88 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1388/89 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1133/34 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- January 25. bis 28. January : King . Henry IV is on the Castle Canossa in northern Italy by Pope Gregory VII. From excommunication released after he showed his contrition - the so-called " Walk to Canossa ".
- March 15th : Election of the Swabian Duke Rudolf von Rheinfelden as the anti-king of Heinrich IV. In Forchheim
- Rudolf von Rheinfelden is crowned on March 26th or April 7th by Siegfried I von Eppstein in Mainz Cathedral .
Other events in Europe
- Devastation of the city of Friesach - a foundation of the Salzburg archbishops - by the Styrian margrave Adalbero - Otakar's brother
- After the death of his brother Géza I , Ladislaus I becomes King of Hungary .
- Robert , the eldest son of Wilhelm the Conqueror , begins a rebellion against his father.
- Salzburg : Prince Archbishop Gebhard I. von Helffenstein builds the Hohensalzburg Fortress . It consists of the Romanesque, brick hall, the residential tower that still forms the core of the high floor today. There is also a church and an outbuilding.
- The Lombard principality of Salerno ends after the submission of Prince Gisulf II to the Norman rule under Robert Guiskard . Salerno becomes the capital of Guiscard's duchy, which consists of Apulia , Calabria and Sicily .
- With the papal fief of Corsica to the Bishop of Pisa , the island becomes a Pisan colony.
First documentary mentions
- Schlanders is first mentioned in a document.
- In today's Romania the Latin diocese Magnovaradinensis Latinorum is founded.
nature and environment
- Seegfrörne : Lake Constance is completely frozen over.
- Ibn Tūmart , Islamic reformer and founder of the Almohad movement († 1130 )
- Josef ibn Migasch , Spanish rabbi († 1141 )
Date of death secured
- January 7th : Johan II. Van Arkel , Dutch nobleman (* around 1010 )
- April 25 : Géza I , King of Hungary (* 1048 )
- July 21 : Gertrude the Elder from Braunschweig , German nobleman and founder
- August 12th : Sieghard , Patriarch of Aquileia
- October 14 : Andronikos Dukas , Byzantine general and court dignitary (* around 1047 )
- December 7th : Gerald of Ostia , Bishop of Ostia and saint of the Catholic Church
- December 14th : Agnes of Poitou , regent of the Holy Roman Empire (* 1020 )
Exact date of death unknown
- Shao Yong , Chinese philosopher, poet, cosmologist and historian (* 1011 )
- Zhang Zai , Chinese moral philosopher and cosmologist (* 1020 )