Calendar overview 1103
|Kastl monastery in the Eichstätt diocese is founded.|
|1103 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||551/552 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1646/47 (southern Buddhism); 1645/46 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||63rd (64th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||465/466 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||481/482 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||496/497 (October 4th / 5th)|
|Jewish calendar||4863/64 (September 4/5)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1413/14 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1414/15 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1159/60 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- May 1 : Janah ad-Daula , Emir of Homs , is stabbed to death by three Persian " Batinites " in the presence of his astrologer al-Hakim al-Munaddschim after the Friday prayer at the start of the campaign against the Crusaders when leaving the Great Mosque of Homs . It is the first assassination attempt by this Shiite faction, later known as the Assassins .
- The crusaders under King Baldwin I of Jerusalem besieged the Fatimid city of Acre without success .
- A generous Armenian prince buys Bohemond of Taranto , prince of Antioch , free after three years of Danish-Mendic imprisonment.
- Emperor Heinrich IV. Proclaims the First Land Peace of Mainz .
- After the death of his brother, Niels I becomes King of Denmark.
First documentary mentions
- First documented mention of Aich , Einig , Hochstetten , Höllstein , Röttingen and Tauberrettersheim
Nature, the environment, science
- The fact that the Würzburg meteorite fall, which appears in several chronicles and reports, actually took place in 1103 or 1104 is now classified as implausible.
- Founding of the Benedictine monastery Kastl
Date of birth saved
Exact date of birth unknown
- Alfons Jordan , Count of Toulouse († 1148 )
- Heinrich II , Margrave of Meissen and Lusatia († 1123 )
- Ahmed Yesevi , Islamic mystic and poet († 1166 )
- Yue Fei , Chinese folk hero and military leader of the Song Dynasty († 1142 )
Born around 1103
- David FitzGerald , Bishop of St Davids († 1176 )
- André de Montbard , Grand Master of the Templar Order († 1156 )
- Adelheid von Löwen , second wife of Henry I of England († 1151 )
Date of death secured
- January 17th : Frutolf von Michelsberg , German monk and chronicler
- February 28 : Heinrich , ancestor of the Count Palatine of Tübingen (* around 1087 )
- August 24th : Magnus III. , King of Norway (* around 1073 )
- October 14 : Humbert the Strong , Count of Savoy (* around 1060 )
Exact date of death unknown
- Chengawa Tshälthrim Bar , teacher of the Kadam tradition of Tibetan Buddhism (* 1038 )
- Gabriel von Melitene , Byzantine-Armenian ruler of Melitene (* 1055 )
- Isaak Alfasi , Jewish scholar (* 1013 )
- Kuno of Northeim , Graf von Beichlingen (* 1050 / 60 )
- Urraca of Zamora , Spanish Infanta (* 1033 )