Calendar overview 1104
|Kingdom of Jerusalem conquered Acre .||Alfonso I becomes king of Aragon and Navarre .|
|1104 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||552/553 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1647/48 (southern Buddhism); 1646/47 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||63rd (64th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||466/467 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||482/483 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||497/498 (September 22/23)|
|Jewish calendar||4864/65 (September 21-22)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1414/15 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1415/16 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1160/61 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- May 6 : The allied Kingdom of Jerusalem and the Republic of Genoa begin the siege of Acre with their forces on the Levantine coast . The city in Haifa Bay is ruled by a Fatimid governor.
- May 7th : A Seljuk army from Mosul and Mardin defeats crusaders from Edessa and Antioch at the Battle of Harran .
- May 25 : Crusaders from the Kingdom of Jerusalem conquer Acre from the Fatimids after a 20-day siege .
- After Baldwin of Bourcqs was captured by the Seljuks at the Battle of Harran, Tankred became regent of Taranto in the county of Edessa.
- Alfonso I , after the death of his brother I. Peter King of Aragon and Navarra .
- Construction of the arsenal begins in Venice under Doge Ordelafo Faliero .
First documentary mentions
Nature, the environment, science
- The fact that the Würzburg meteorite fall, which appears in several chronicles and reports, actually took place in 1103 or 1104 is now classified as implausible.
- Waleran de Beaumont , Earl of Meulan, 1st Earl of Worcester († 1166 )
- Robert de Beaumont , 2nd Earl of Leicester, first Lord High Steward of England († 1168 )
- Gens Bournarel , French hermit and saint († 1127 )
- Fujiwara no Kiyosuke , Japanese poet († 1177 )
- Ibn Zafar , Arabic writer and political philosopher from Sicily († 1170 or 1172)
- Vsevolod II , Grand Prince of the Kievan Rus († 1146 )
Date of death secured
- March 1st : Boto , Count of Pottenstein (* 1028 )
- March 2nd : Bernhard I. von Scheyern , Vogt von Freising, Weihenstephan and Tegernsee
- August 1st : Haziga von Diessen , Countess von Scheyern (* around 1040 )
- 27 / September 28 : Peter I , King of Aragon and Navarre (* around 1068 )
- Oct. 26 : John I , bishop of Speyer (* 1063 / 64 )
- November 17 : Nikephoros Melissenos , Byzantine general, Gegenkaiser and Kaisar (* around 1045 )
- December 22 : Berk-Yaruq , Sultan of the Great Seljuks (* 1081 )
Exact date of death unknown
- October / November: Muin ad-Din Sökmen I. , ruler from the Turkish Artuqid dynasty
- Danischmend Ghazi , founder of the Danischmend dynasty
- Al-Mansur ibn an-Nasir , ruler of the Hammadids in Algeria
- Tutusch II , Seljuk ruler of Damascus
Died around 1104
- Duqaq , Seljuk ruler of Damascus