Calendar overview 1068
|Charaghan tombs is being completed.|
|1068 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||516/517 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1611/12 (southern Buddhism); 1610/11 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||62nd (63rd) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||430/431 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||446/447 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||460/461 (October 30/31)|
|Jewish calendar||4828/29 (August 31 / September 1)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1378/79 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1379/80 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1124/25 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- August 5th : Norman conquest of southern Italy : The Normans under Robert Guiskard begin the siege of Bari , the last base of the Byzantine Empire in Apulia.
First documentary mentions
- August 5 : In a deed of King . Henry IV is Lemsell , now a district of the municipality Flechtingen , first mentioned.
- Autigny is first mentioned under the name Altignei .
- January 11 : Ekbert I. , Count in Ostfalen and Friesland, Margrave of Meißen (* around 1036 )
- May 22nd : Go-Reizei , Emperor of Japan (* 1025 )
- September 28 : Werner I. , Abbot of St. Blasien