Calendar overview 1061
Florens I ,
Count of Holland , dies.
is his successor.
|1061 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||509/510 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1604/05 (southern Buddhism); 1603/04 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||62nd (63rd) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||423/424 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||439/440 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||452/453 (January 25-26)|
|Jewish calendar||4821/22 (September 16/17)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1371/72 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1372/73 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1117/18 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- January 28 : After the death of Spytihněv II , his younger brother Vratislav II becomes Duke of Bohemia according to the seniority principle .
- 18 June : Dietrich V. , after his father's death I. Florens Count of Holland . The eight-year-old is temporarily under the tutelage of his mother Gertrude von Sachsen.
- Wilhelm IV succeeds his late father Pons as Count of Toulouse .
- Roger III becomes count of part of Carcassonne.
- The Normans conquer Messina in Sicily .
- First documented mention of Eger and Zollikofen .
- Adelheid II becomes abbess of Gandersheim and Vreden as the successor to her older half-sister Beatrix , who died on July 13th .
- September 30th : The College of Cardinals in the Lateran elects Anselm von Lucca as the successor of Nicholas II , who died in July, as Pope . The next day he is enthroned in the church of San Pietro in Vincoli at the foot of the Esquiline and takes the name Alexander II . The way there is blocked by opponents, which is why you have to gain access to the church by force of arms.
- October 28 : In Basel , at the instigation of the Roman-German King Henry IV, under the influence of his mother and regent Agnes von Poitou, the Bishop of Parma , Pietro Cadalus, is elected antipope Honorius II . Pope Alexander II became head of the church without the participation of the imperial party.
- The Speyer Cathedral is inaugurated.
Date of death secured
- January 28 : Spytihněv II , Prince of Bohemia (* 1031 )
- May 5 : Humbert von Silva Candida , Lorraine or Burgundian theologian, cardinal and Benedictine (* around 1006 or 1010 )
- July 13 : Beatrix I , abbess in the Gandersheim monastery and in the Quedlinburg monastery (* 1037 )
- July 19, 20 or 27: Gérard of Burgundy, as Pope Nicholas II of the Catholic Church
Exact date of death unknown
- Burkhard I , is considered to be the first certified Hohenzoller
- Isaac I , Byzantine Emperor (* around 1005 )
- Conrad III. , Duke of Carinthia and Margrave of Verona
Died around 1061
- Adelmann von Liège , Belgian scholar, Bishop of Brescia
- Peter Raimund , Count of Carcassonne, Vice Count of Béziers and Agde
- Pons , Count of Toulouse